Democrat Party Popularity Sinks To Quarter-Century Low

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When even CNN admits nobody likes Democrats, you know the party of Jefferson Davis is in trouble. In a rare display of journalism, CNN reports that favorable views of the Democrat Party have crashed to their lowest level in over 25 years, according to a recent poll conducted by SSRS. Only 37% of Americans hold a favorable view of Democrats, down from 45% in March and an enviable 62% the week Barack Obama first became president. Election Day 2008 proved the high mark of Democrat popularity in recent years, sliding steadily downward as the American people experienced Democrat governance.

Republican approval is no higher at just 30%, according to the poll, although GOP popularity has never exceeded 48% in that period, despite consistent Republican victories across all levels of government since 2009. Whereas Democrats mustered 52% approval during the week of Barack Obama’s re-election victory in 2012, Republicans required no such numbers to score major congressional wins in 2010 and 2014. Both parties ran neck and neck in the high 30s and low 40s during the 2016 presidential election, which culminated in Donald Trump’s landslide victory over Hillary Clinton.

Low approval ratings reflect disaffection not merely among the Democrat Party’s rank-and-file but indeed at its highest levels of leadership. Just last week, former Democrat National Committee chairman Donna Brazile explained how Hillary Clinton bribed the party committee for control over hiring and strategy decisions. Brazile’s tell-all marks the first public affirmation the former DNC chief has made on Clinton’s election rigging since she confessed to passing debate questions along to Hillary in an effort to disadvantage Clinton’s primary opponent Bernie Sanders.

CNN Poll: Democrat Party Popularity Sinks To Quarter-Century Low
Real news.

transporter

That is a pretty impressive feat of linguistic gymnastics. Your propaganda source twists itself into knots to make it appear that Dems are in trouble or in a worse position than Rs. I bet you and many of the mentally challenged on here fell for the way this is written.

Yes...the Dem numbers are lower. However, even a dullard like you should be able to tell that the Rs number of 30 is lower than the D number of 37 and that the recent high for D (62) is higher than the recent high for Rs (48).

You can understand that can't you?

Hijinx

It would appear that both parties have a low score.

The Democrats earned their low score by running a crook for president and fixing the election to beat Bernie,
and the Republicans earned their low score by abandoning the person the people voted for.

Trump is a winner on both counts.,

PeoplesElbow

That is a pretty impressive feat of linguistic gymnastics. Your propaganda source twists itself into knots to make it appear that Dems are in trouble or in a worse position than Rs. I bet you and many of the mentally challenged on here fell for the way this is written.

Yes...the Dem numbers are lower. However, even a dullard like you should be able to tell that the Rs number of 30 is lower than the D number of 37 and that the recent high for D (62) is higher than the recent high for Rs (48).

It is more or less the exact same thing that was said about republicans after the 2008 election. Next presidential election it will probably return to that.

With luck both major parties will get torn down.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

what part of 'lowest approval rating in 25 yrs' is difficult to understand

after the disaster that was Hillary Clinton - you would think the D Leadership would be reaching out to the pissed off / insulted middle states Democrats

NO the have doubled down on TRUMP is the devil and screeching and caterwauling from both coasts

Chris0nllyn

what part of 'lowest approval rating in 25 yrs' is difficult to understand

after the disaster that was Hillary Clinton - you would think the D Leadership would be reaching out to the pissed off / insulted middle states Democrats

NO the have doubled down on TRUMP is the devil and screeching and caterwauling from both coasts

Trump's approval rating is historically low as well. But when that's brought up it's brushed to the side and the whole "we don't trust polls" statement tends to come out. Should we trust this poll solely because it's painting the "other party" in a bad light?

Hijinx

Trump's approval rating is historically low as well. But when that's brought up it's brushed to the side and the whole "we don't trust polls" statement tends to come out. Should we trust this poll solely because it's painting the "other party" in a bad light?

It seems you will trust anything that is anti-Trump.
I get this from watching your posts here.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Should we trust this poll solely because it's painting the "other party" in a bad light?

but its CNN :shrug:

frankly it all depends on when and what questions were asked .... how much 'over sampling' is done
liberal pollsters / news organizations claim 'fairness' but when one digs into the methods polls are heavily skewed for the negative results they are looking for

Evaluating the Trump 'poll' Numbers
- Still 85% approval rating among Republicans
- down are Democrats / Independents
- heavily over sampled on Democrats
- robo calls in coastal areas / cities largely populated with democrats

now would you call that a fair poll :shrug:

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

It seems you will trust anything that is anti-Trump.
I get this from watching your posts here.

You ASSume too much. You assume that I believe any of these polls.

I'm asking GURPS in particular because, you know, he created the thread. I'm asking why create this thread in order to point out poll numbers that indicate low approval ratings for the Democrat party only to ignore poll numbers that indicate low approval numbers for Trump?

But don't let that stop you from posting your bull####.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm asking GURPS in particular because, you know, he created the thread.

Again it is CNN - I'm shocked they actually posted the results considering how much water they carry for the Democrats
[unless it is part of a larger 'get Hillar theme]

Hijinx

You ASSume too much. You assume that I believe any of these polls.

I'm asking GURPS in particular because, you know, he created the thread. I'm asking why create this thread in order to point out poll numbers that indicate low approval ratings for the Democrat party only to ignore poll numbers that indicate low approval numbers for Trump?

But don't let that stop you from posting your bull####.

If you don't trust them why do you post them,?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Popularity contests are for those who believe polls. Trump is still winning, and the dem's can't stand it.

PeoplesElbow

Never understood the obsession with polls, Trump was elected and he will be President until he serves his term or he serves two terms, barring anything out of the ordinary.