Baldwin At It Again

chuckster

IMFUBARED
And he still won't leave the country!!!!

Anti-Milk Alec Baldwin Booed in Dairy Land

Hollywood hatemonger Alec "Kill Henry Hyde" Baldwin showed up at a Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party fund-raiser, yet another attempt to milk an opportunity to launch his hoped-for political career, and got roundly booed by a herd of Dairy Belt protesters.

The New York Post's Page Six reports that protesters braved a downpour to stand outside and chant "Deport Baldwin" and "Baldwin and PETA - udderly ridiculous," a reference to his efforts on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to outlaw milk, not exactly a theme designed to endear the former movie star to the state's dairy farmers.

Speaking at the fund-raiser, Baldwin attacked what he called "muscular, conservative" outfits such as Fox News Channel and Drudge Report for supposedly backing plans for war against Iraq, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Outside, protesters handed out fake airline tickets, a reference to Baldwin's vow to leave the U.S. if Dubya became president.

Like most of his liberal pals, the ultra-left-wing Baldwin hasn't kept his promise: He's still here.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by chuckster

The New York Post's Page Six reports that protesters braved a downpour to stand outside and chant "Deport Baldwin" and "Baldwin and PETA - udderly ridiculous," a reference to his efforts on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to outlaw milk, not exactly a theme designed to endear the former movie star to the state's dairy farmers.
:lmao:

B

Bruzilla

As much as I dislike Baldwin, he never "uddered" the statement about leaving the country if Bush won. That statement was made by Kim Bassinger, his airhead wife. She said that she thought Alec would leave the US if Bush won.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I tend to be suspicious of all political comments by Hollywood celebrities, be they leftists (Streisand, Baldwin) or rightists (Schwartzenegger, Heston). Now, they believe they are doing a public service by drawing attention to certain issues. But they come across as really ignorant and uninformed.

That's why I can appreciate the humor behind Howard Stern sending "Stuttering John" to ambush celebrities with rude, embarrassing questions. I'm not a big Stern fan, and I don't normally condone that type of rudeness. I think Stern was trying to make a point about the vacuousness of most entertainment "journalism." ("Entertainment Tonight: Brain-Free Since 1981!")

jimmy

Drunkard
You know something? I have just realized that the only time I EVER hear anything about these celebrities voicing their opinions is actually from YOU all...

How funny is that? Christ, I never thought about this before today. But looking around there are MULTIPLE threads on celebrities' political ravings only started by the conservatives on this forum....You all are the only people I know that give their views enough creedence to even mention them to eachother.

I don't think there's ONE time where me and my friends (all libs I guess) have talked abuot the political views of ANY celebrity...I think maybe if you all didn't get so riled up by them and just ignored them, as ironically only their intended audiences seem to, then maybe the problem would go away on it's own...whattaya think?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jimmy
... I don't think there's ONE time where me and my friends (all libs I guess) have talked abuot the political views of ANY celebrity...I think maybe if you all didn't get so riled up by them and just ignored them, as ironically only their intended audiences seem to, then maybe the problem would go away on it's own...whattaya think?
Actually I think you might want to think about that... You and other Liberals have brought Ann Coulter, Charlton Heston, Tom Selleck, Pat Robertson, Falwell... and many others into the fray instead.

And I hear about them more often from you than from the news media!

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have just realized that the only time I EVER hear anything about these celebrities voicing their opinions is actually from YOU all...
You need to get out more.
You all are the only people I know that give their views enough creedence to even mention them to eachother.
There are these things that we use to get information - they're called "newspapers", "television", "radio" and the "Internet". Apparently SOMEONE gives celebrity opinions enough credence to mention them to us in the first place. Those people are called "reporters" and "columnists" and "interviewers".

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Geez, the whole Babs fiasco - the mispellings, the accidental fax to a Republican, the Shakespeare thing and so on - all these made the nightly news, the major news outlets and the talk shows hosts' monologues. I think someone spends too much time away from the rest of the world.

jimmy

Drunkard
All,

It's all about the attention paid to it. If I see something about Alec Baldwin leaving the country or Richard Simmons opposing war in Iraq, I change the channel. Who gives a flying F what these people think???

I HEAR of these things from time to time but the only places I see them repeatedly referenced is here by you all. And you all are the ones I see giving enough creedence to their ideas to even address them. Sure they make it on the news, but that doesn't make their views have to be of any import to me. Why are they to you?

And Kyle you're making a mistake. First off, I've never brought up Tom Sellek or any other celebrity by starting a thread ranting about a view or appearance by them on some TV show.

Ann Coulter and Pat Buchannon are different because they ARE political entities and, as such, there is an expectation that their views will be taken into account in those circles. But as for actors and singer and all that crap, I really dont' care what they have to say about this stuff and I think you'd do well, and maybe lower some blood pressures, if you learned to change the channel every now and then as well...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... And Kyle you're making a mistake. First off, I've never brought up Tom Sellek or any other celebrity by starting a thread ranting about a view or appearance by them on some TV show. ...
Jimmy I'll grant you never having started a thread about one of them. But you have brought their names up during a thread now and again. :lol: (I'll exclude Selleck...) :lol:

:cheers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Ann Coulter and Pat Buchannon are different because they ARE political entities and, as such, there is an expectation that their views will be taken into account in those circles. But as for actors and singer and all that crap, I really dont' care what they have to say about this stuff and I think you'd do well, and maybe lower some blood pressures, if you learned to change the channel every now and then as well...

Jimmy,

There is no difference because once these celebrities start mouthing off to the media they have become political entities. They just use their position in the industry to gain the media attention normal citizens do not have access to. Therefore, they are fair game and easy targets.

jimmy

Drunkard
THey are fair game, true. I never said they weren't.

However, most of you seem to be taking the position that the reason that these celebrities voicing their opinions is SO offensive to you (aside from the obvious fact that they are wrong) is that they are only celebrities and actors, ie, "who cares what they think"?

Well I'm pointing out that YOU do. And Kyle, I'd really challenge you to find an instance where I pointed out the views of a conservative celebrity who isn't famous FOR BEING A POLITICAL COMMENTATOR, and gave it any thought at all. Conservative, Liberal; I simply don't really care what they think.

My main point here was just that I think it's funny that you all hem and haw about how these celebrities shouldn't be talking about political issues and how their veiws are invalid, actually managing to validate them by doing so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jimmy, I don't think they shouldn't be talking about political issues or have invalid views - they are Americans, after all, and are entitled to a vote. I just think they're stupid.