Approval/disapporval

transporter

This is more factual info for those who don't' understand what factual data is (the folks on the "10 things to understand about" post).

This is a compendium (look it up if you don't know what it means) of polling data:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

The two lines at the top of the page track the average of all polling data since Trump's inauguration. His approval rating was higher than his disapproval rating for about 2 weeks. Since the beginning of February, Trump has had a negative approval rating. For those who failed graduate level statistics, this means that more people disapprove than approve of Mr. Trump.

There is about 20 percentage point difference between Mr. Trump's disapproval and approval rating (57% disapprove, 38% approve). Again for those who don't understand basic math, this means that the majority of Americans disapprove of Mr. Trump. This is not spin.

As you scroll down the link provided above (a like none of you will likely bother to click on), you will see the next data point is all the individual polls. If you look at them, you will see that not one has Mr. Trump above 50% approval. Again, for those who don't understand math, that means the majority of Americans in every individual poll also disapprove of Mr. Trump. The last individual poll that had Mr. Trump above 50% was taken back in March.

As you scroll down farther, Mr. Trump's approval rating is compared to every other president back to Kennedy. At this point in his term, Mr. Trump's ratings are far below every other President, except Ford. However, the comparison with Ford is about to go the other way as Ford's numbers shot up on day 297.

So to sum up. Stating that the majority of Americans disapprove of Mr. Trump is not spin. Stating that a President with approval ratings this low is going to be a negative in next year's elections is not spin.

Hijinx

Trump is low in the opinion polls, but ya know what? In spite of that, President Trump has a higher approval rating than virtually every other leader in Washington, a little reported fact that emerged in a new survey .http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...schumer-pelosi-ryan-mcconnell/article/2626318

Something else that might be of interest. Only 14% of Americans approve of Congress.

And this is crazy. With such a lousy approval rate most Americans will vote for the incumbent.
The a-hole they put there but disapprove of.

And here is the kicker: Most would vote for Trump again if Hillary was his opponent.
It isn't Trumps fault that he was elected. It was the fault of the Democrats who cheated to get her for their candidate, and the fault of Hillary who thought she could sit on her crooked ass and win. Many states she didn't even campaign in.She listened to the polls Transthing relies on and she got stung.

Ipso facto--All of these people who hate Trump for winning, should hate Hillary and the Democrats for losing.

SamSpade

And here is the kicker: Most would vote for Trump again if Hillary was his opponent.

I absolutely believe almost any other Democrat could have beaten Trump.
I'm not so sure about Bernie, but there's 25 years of people who *HATED* Hillary.
I don't know of a Democrat in modern history more disliked than her.
I don't know of a Democratic presidential candidate in my lifetime with actual fewer credentials except possibly Barack.

(Sorry - being First Lady or a governor's wife is NOT "experience").

black dog

Free America
I absolutely believe almost any other Democrat could have beaten Trump.
I'm not so sure about Bernie, but there's 25 years of people who *HATED* Hillary.
I don't know of a Democrat in modern history more disliked than her.
I don't know of a Democratic presidential candidate in my lifetime with actual fewer credentials except possibly Barack.

(Sorry - being First Lady or a governor's wife is NOT "experience").

I don't believe that at all Sam, America is weary of the Democrats and everything that goes with them.. We wanted somebody new, that wasn't part of the rank and file of the beltway gang.... And we got him...

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't believe that at all Sam, America is weary of the Democrats and everything that goes with them.. We wanted somebody new, that wasn't part of the rank and file of the beltway gang.... And we got him...

Americans are weary of both parties, the establishment. I know I am, which is why I left the GOP.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The Libertarian party would have to do much better than 4.45 million votes for me to agree with you..

It's pretty annoying hearing voters complain, then on election day vote the people they complaining about back into office. But, if you are remaining in a party that no longer represents your views, then that's on you.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
It's pretty annoying hearing voters complain, then on election day vote the people they care complaining about back into office. But, if you are remaining in a party that no longer represents your views, then that's on you.

I have been a Republican since i first registered in 75 or 76,,, I have been waiting for a candidate like Donald Trump since say,,,,, 1984....