Thread: Families R Us?

Families R Us?

Anyone know the story of what happened? They took over Zee Best's Mechanicsville location but they appear to already be closed. I had stopped by to try it out when they first opened. They had no menus other than something handwritten on place mats. I had the jerk chicken which wasn't bad, the chicken was good but I wasn't impressed with the sides. I had every intention on giving them a second shot but then they seemed to just close up shop. I spoke to the guy who was opening it just before it actually opened and I know he was having issues getting some things in place (such as menus) which had caused him to slip from his initial opening date. Seems he wasn't even in business a month.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyaclown View Post
    Anyone know the story of what happened? They took over Zee Best's Mechanicsville location but they appear to already be closed. I had stopped by to try it out when they first opened. They had no menus other than something handwritten on place mats. I had the jerk chicken which wasn't bad, the chicken was good but I wasn't impressed with the sides. I had every intention on giving them a second shot but then they seemed to just close up shop. I spoke to the guy who was opening it just before it actually opened and I know he was having issues getting some things in place (such as menus) which had caused him to slip from his initial opening date. Seems he wasn't even in business a month.

Yeah, we went once, and it was the same, it seemed the main course was good, but the sides lacked a bit. And the setup was very haphazard. Normally we'll allow for opening hiccups and go back but it looks like they might have either undersestimated what it takes, or simply jumped too soon. Bummer, was looking forward to it. Met a gent this weekend who actually tried to talk his son into opening an italian place there after the two ladies closed up, but the son wasn't willing to come down from Jersey to do it.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    I was sorry to see Zee Best go. Cute restaurant, good food, friendly personal service.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Yeah, we went once, and it was the same, it seemed the main course was good, but the sides lacked a bit. And the setup was very haphazard. Normally we'll allow for opening hiccups and go back but it looks like they might have either undersestimated what it takes, or simply jumped too soon. Bummer, was looking forward to it. Met a gent this weekend who actually tried to talk his son into opening an italian place there after the two ladies closed up, but the son wasn't willing to come down from Jersey to do it.
    I would love to a great italian restaurant in St. Marys!!!

I think that location is cursed. Nothing tends to stay there for very long. I am surprised that Cow & Fish has stayed open as long as it has.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 5