So how's this sexual abuse wave going to end?

Pete

Repete
So far it seems every male with any hint of notoriety is being outed as a sexual predator. How is this thing going to end? Will it become so common place people will begin to disregard it?

I know when the Cosby thing started I was seriously skeptical. How could 30+ women who went for drinks with Cosby and woke up sticky clam up and not say anything. Of course a couple did and the cops disregarded it because hell....its Cosby and he is rich, thus a prime target for false allegations but then it gained steam. Then it was Harvy and its the same thing. dozens of women who claim sexual assault and even outright rape. Now it seems freaking everyone is being accused.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Get a contract drawn, signed, witnessed and notarized prior to any contact.

:yay:

Pete

Repete

This does have far reaching implications. The definitions of sexual abuse at this point seems to include things like showing a sexual interest, and I a talking about "interest" being well short of jamming your hands down someone's pants.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The definitions of sexual abuse at this point seems to include things like showing a sexual interest ......

yes men should seek confirmation every 10 min requesting further romantic interaction

[according to the latest from some nutty CA UNI Professor]

Hijinx

Well: It's not going to end.
It will slow down for a while and the allegations will start dying down.

But the fact is it has been going on as long as powerful men have held power over people who are susceptible to that power.
It will continue. It won't stop.

Now don't put it all on the men. The victims have participated in it too, by keeping quiet or using sex to get ahead.
Certainly some women turned down the offer and were afraid to make accusations for fear of destroying their future in the business or any business.
But there were also a few who made the offer and took advantage of their feminine wiles.
Add a few who went along with it because it was the easy way.

It isn't going anywhere. It may slow for a while , but eventually it will come back. It always does.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think a lot of it is #metoo. People like to be included, part of a group. And accusing someone of sexual assault is becoming the new "in" thing.

I also think a lot of it is politically motivated. This Roy Moore thing - I just can't get past the timing of it. Trump, too. For years - decades - none of these women said a word, then all of a sudden they crawl out of the woodwork, led by Gloria Allred, to start making these accusations...right at election time. Hmmmm....

Pete

Repete
I think a lot of it is #metoo. People like to be included, part of a group. And accusing someone of sexual assault is becoming the new "in" thing.

I also think a lot of it is politically motivated. This Roy Moore thing - I just can't get past the timing of it. Trump, too. For years - decades - none of these women said a word, then all of a sudden they crawl out of the woodwork, led by Gloria Allred, to start making these accusations...right at election time. Hmmmm....

Add Louis CK and Tom Wopat to the list. Yes, Luke Duke smacks a woman on the butt with his script and said "nice butt".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Add Louis CK and Tom Wopat to the list. Yes, Luke Duke smacks a woman on the butt with his script and said "nice butt".

If saying "nice butt" is sexual assault, you would be a prison lifer by now. :lol: Louis CK is disgusting and a pig, I never understood why he was considered funny, and I can totally see him being a skeevy perv. But some of these "accusations" are just ridiculous. "He said I looked nice today! :cds: :jameo:"

Women seem to be reverting to infancy and can no longer function in the world.

OR....

What if...

What if they're all screaming rape to "prove" to us how Donald Trump has ushered in an era of sexual assault on women? Never mind that all these things happened long before Trump even ran for president - the Left has never been big on timelines and details. All they really need to do is put the bug into idiocracy minds - "Trump = sexual harassment and assault on women". Kind of like how homeless people magically appeared upon the election of Ronald Reagan, then magically disappeared when Clinton took office.

When you control the media, you control the country.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Louis CK is disgusting and a pig, I never understood why he was considered funny, and I can totally see him being a skeevy perv.

I don't get most of the 'modern' comedians ... yeah Eddie Murphy dropped a lot of cuss words, but he was funny

this current crop are just crude and rude - shock for the shock factor

BOP

Celebrity bad behavior.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So far it seems every male with any hint of notoriety is being outed as a sexual predator. How is this thing going to end? Will it become so common place people will begin to disregard it?

I know when the Cosby thing started I was seriously skeptical. How could 30+ women who went for drinks with Cosby and woke up sticky clam up and not say anything. Of course a couple did and the cops disregarded it because hell....its Cosby and he is rich, thus a prime target for false allegations but then it gained steam. Then it was Harvy and its the same thing. dozens of women who claim sexual assault and even outright rape. Now it seems freaking everyone is being accused.

With women bringing up 30 year old cases for the first time, it's going to end up with no one believing any of them.