Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is America the laughingstock of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I don't think you understand the word "Editorial" Polls are facts and data.
    I think you don't know the definition of "facts". The ONLY "facts" a poll provides is that people answered a certain way to a question. It is not a FACT that the poll represents how things will actually play out, or provides a picture of the larger population it's trying to represent. Polls try to make an accurate prediction, but cannot account for everyone's sentiments; not even close. And the 2016 election proved that. Polls are fatally flawed because they only canvas a very small percentage of the population that it's trying to answer for.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Polls try to make an accurate prediction
    OR they try to support the pollster's predetermined outcome. How polls are worded is important; where and who you poll is important as well. Then there are those who refuse to answer or give the answer they think the pollster wants to hear - "Hello, President Trump!"

You would think that in light of the 2016 "surprise" election, people would stop citing polls as proof of something. "America is a laughingstock! 100% of New York Times and CNN reporters polled agree!"
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    OR they try to support the pollster's predetermined outcome. How polls are worded is important; where and who you poll is important as well. Then there are those who refuse to answer or give the answer they think the pollster wants to hear - "Hello, President Trump!"

You would think that in light of the 2016 "surprise" election, people would stop citing polls as proof of something. "America is a laughingstock! 100% of New York Times and CNN reporters polled agree!"
    I am speculative of just about everything coming out of our media, whether it's news networks or pollsters. It seems none of the people that are aimed to inform us have a desire to just provide us the information; they have to insert their personal agenda into it and skew the truth. If anything, that's the laughingstock.

Blog Entries
    I am speculative of just about everything coming out of our media, whether it's news networks or pollsters. It seems none of the people that are aimed to inform us have a desire to just provide us the information; they have to insert their personal agenda into it and skew the truth. If anything, that's the laughingstock.
    Yep. Our biased editorializing lying fake immature press is a disgrace.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I think you don't know the definition of "facts". The ONLY "facts" a poll provides is that people answered a certain way to a question. It is not a FACT that the poll represents how things will actually play out, or provides a picture of the larger population it's trying to represent. Polls try to make an accurate prediction, but cannot account for everyone's sentiments; not even close. And the 2016 election proved that. Polls are fatally flawed because they only canvas a very small percentage of the population that it's trying to answer for.

The ONLY "facts" a poll provides is that people answered a certain way to a question. Exactly my point. As i said. Look at the numbers and the data and ignore all the words and editorializing around it.

The ONLY "facts" a poll provides is that people answered a certain way to a question. Exactly my point. As i said. Look at the numbers and the data and ignore all the words and editorializing around it.
    Yeah, that was exactly your point.

I got it too.. so, poignant
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Then why is it the exact thing i wrote 3 pages ago?

Then why is it the exact thing i wrote 3 pages ago?
    Your claim is that these polls are FACTS that the entire world's view on the image of the US has declined, and I'm saying that the only FACT this points out is the people that were asked this question view it this way. That's how all polls work, but we love to use them to support our thinking that this is how all people think. If you didn't learn this from the last election, I can't help you.

Sappy et al keep insisting it is, but I'm not seeing any signs of it.

I engage in several international forums.

If those forums are any guide, the Approval/Disapproval of the United State (in general, as a nation and culture) is 50/50 or close to it. Obviously the detractors are more loudmouth and vocal about it, and their derision is not limited to (or even centered around) Trump. It's our violent nature, guns, individualism and our proclivity to act as the worlds Police.

Not a laughing stock, but not exceptionally popular - although, not exceptionally unpopular either.

When getting more specific to Trump, I find that he is also not a laughing stock.

In fact, he has much of the world ####ing terrified. His bombastic rhetoric when it comes to The Democratic People's Republic of Korea have many people around the world positively convinced that we're on the brink of World War 3.

Most of what I hear about Trump is neither positive or negative. Much of the world is confused as hell (as am I) as to how in the actual #### a Democratic Republic such as ours, we ended up with two emotionally unstable sociopathic and/or narcissistic candidates who are almost universally hated with overwhelming vitriol and zeal.

So, no, we are not a laughing-stock per se. But we got almost the entire world scratching their heads and puckering their a-holes.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

Members who have read this thread: 64