Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tax reform

Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    But the relevancy of debt gets directly at the issue you raised: it's a tool in the divide & conquer regime of the ruling class. Best to understand government debt and be able to ignore the propaganda.
    If you want to talk the concepts of the debt have at it. My question is very simple.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    If you want to talk the concepts of the debt have at it. My question is very simple.
    The answer to you question is below:

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps
    Will you liberals please explain to me why you are suddenly for tax cuts and concerned about the national debt? When democrats had full control when Obama entered the White House in '09 they decided it was more important to take control of 1/6 of our economic, which resulted in higher taxes - particularly on the middle class - and criminal healthcare system.

So, now they are suddenly talking about tax cuts for the middle class, and concern over the impact of the debt. Democrat control resulted in doubling of the national debt. Liberals don't give a damn about tax cuts for anyone, especially the middle class. They don't give a damn about the debt.
    And the answer is equally simple: They are politicians. This is what they get paid to do. And there seems to be very little interest in the voting population to change a damn thing.

And the answer is equally simple: They are politicians. This is what they get paid to do. And there seems to be very little interest in the voting population to change a damn thing.
    Thank you. Now I await our resident liberals to answer.

BTW... are you formerly Starman3000?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    There is no proof of that. People carry less debt. That is the only thing proven. There is no evidence people Spend more or companies higher more.
    Did you hear like I did on the radio yesterday that personal debt has risen to almost all time highs?

The term "trickle-down" has been poisoned. There is nothing bad about it. "Trickle-down" isn't really a government strategy or whatever, it's just the basic building block of a market-based economy.

I have money, but I need some meat to feed my family. So I visit my farmer, who raises several hundred head of cattle. I trade some of my money for a side of beef. Now in theory, that money I gave him is more than it cost the farmer to bring that cow to market. So with that "profit", he is able to buy feed, for example. Perhaps that feed might come from an adjacent farmer, who again brings that feed to market for more than it cost him to produce it. He take his profit and buys seed for the next year. And so on and so on.

That is "trickle-down" economics that I've just described. But it's the way it's been done for millennia. Long ago, it might have been wampum traded for animal pelts based on a voluntary, mutually-beneficial transaction.

"Trickle-down" is just another in a long line of ideas that has been turned into a pejorative by people who don't understand it.

If a CEO shouldn't be paid based on the profits he generates, what then should be the basis for his compensation? Just because a CEO is paid an "astronomical sum" doesn't mean there's no money left for expanding the workforce. Furthermore, businesses don't just expand their workforce on a whim. They expand when there is more demand for their product(s) than the current workforce will be able to accommodate.
    When I think of trickle down economies I think a concept different from what you are giving an example of. I think of it as the idea that you want those with surplus capital to invest it in the economy. That is a bit different than what you are talking about because you are not necessarily talking about surplus capital. By surplus capital I mean capital in excess of that needed for your basic needs (home, food, transportation, clothing). So if you are buying food like in your example that is not really an investment designed to create future capital, that is more fulfilling your basic needs. People are going to fulfill their basic needs regardless of tax policy.

What I would think of an example of trickle down economics is gov't lowers business tax rates and that allows small business to hire new employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Did you hear like I did on the radio yesterday that personal debt has risen to almost all time highs?
    I think that's mostly on the backs of college loans.

I heartily support GOP Senator Johnson's current position opposing the bill. I hope he gets some of what he wants as they rework it in the Senate. Ideally, the final version would have the reductions for pass-through income AND the elimination of Barry's individual mandate. Win-win.

n a statement released later Wednesday, Johnson said that "neither the House nor the Senate bill provide fair treatment" for pass-through businesses, "so I do not support either in their current versions."
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

simple really if people have more money in their pay check, they buy more or better stuff
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    simple really if people have more money in their pay check, they buy more or better stuff
    ... then all the hookers, bar-tenders and drug dealers get rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    ... then all the hookers, bar-tenders and drug dealers get rich.
    I spend a lot of my hard-earned money on hookers and blow.

The rest of it I just waste.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 50