Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea tweets; gets roasted

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    There have been no mass shooting events since the gun law was passed.

Now they can concern themselves with other shootings since they have solved the first problem.
    lmao. Yr a peach.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    BTW moron...there are roughly 3 million guns in private hands in Australia. Furthermore, pointing to the non-occurrence of a very rare event and claiming the stringent gun control legislation and buyback was responsible/causal is completely and totally invalid.

After a series of mass shooting events they banned automatic weapons and havenít had an incident in over 20 years. Yeah. The two canít possibly be related.

Sadly it is not a rare event any longer in this country. Itís become commonplace

After a series of mass shooting events they banned automatic weapons and haven’t had an incident in over 20 years. Yeah. The two can’t possibly be related.

Sadly it is not a rare event any longer in this country. It’s become commonplace
    . What is a "series"?

And the ban had nothing to do with automatic weapons. Why do you always lie?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I hope he was using protection.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

After a series of mass shooting events they banned automatic weapons and haven’t had an incident in over 20 years. Yeah. The two can’t possibly be related.

Sadly it is not a rare event any longer in this country. It’s become commonplace
    Who cares about Australia, We have a 2nd amendment... " Shall not Infringe "
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

6. 11-10-2017, 10:46 PM

There have been no mass shooting events since the gun law was passed.

Now they can concern themselves with other shootings since they have solved the first problem.
    Actually, there's been a few. I suppose it depends if you only call it a mass shooting if more than 3 people get shot in one incident.

But the gun homicides that have been going on for ages, the gun laws as restrictive as they are have done really nothing to change.
    Many of the countries that have enacted strong gun laws were already low on gun crime and declining over the last few decades.
    This is roughly akin to the drop in violent crime over decades here in the U.S.

You would THINK if you severely curtail the ability of people to own and use guns, the homicide rate wouldn't just go down -
    it should approach ZERO. It hasn't, because of something the guy in Sutherland Springs observed - a person who intends to KILL people
    isn't going to be slowed down by the fact that he can't get a gun LEGALLY. It would be like making very slow speed limits in those areas
    where people are being mowed down by cars - if you're going to kill people with your car, the speed limit won't do anything.

There's at least one other point of comparison that's overlooked here - besides the point that the Port Arthur massacre was an outlier in the history of Australia.
    When you add up the gun deaths from mass shootings in the U.S. and place them next to the number simply killed by guns, there's no comparison.
    The latter is HUGE in comparison. Secondly, we narrowly define "mass shooting" as multiple deaths by a single - or possibly two - identifiable gunman where
    there are any number of casualties all in a minute. We do NOT count a night-time barrage of bullets by a gang spraying neighborhoods with guns on a nightly
    basis. Ten people killed in a school or church? Horrendous. Ten people killed one evening in a major city by gangs - possibly the same persons and NONE of
    them caught? We get YAWNS. The news doesn't call it a mass shooting. Even though it happens in the same general geography.

Now that may be a matter of defining things. For example, I have relatives who would have called all of the recent shootings "terrorism".
    No. They're not. A terrorist has a purpose, an agenda - and an identifiable group to communicate their idea.
    The guy who blew up the lunch counter where my Dad went to eat in England years ago -
    he was part of the IRA. And he had a mission. (My Dad survived). The 9/11 attackers - a mission. Suicide bombers - a mission.

A nut shooting people he hates - not terrorism. Dangerous. But not terrorism.

Similarly - a "mass shooting" as we see it in the news doesn't differ greatly from the results in our cities.
    As many as a dozen killed in a large city in a given night, and some of them by the same people or same groups.
    We don't call them mass killings. (Oddly enough, some countries don't define HOMICIDE the way we do. In countries like Japan, if a father slaughters his family and then himself, it is called a mass suicide. Similar for some events in Europe where unsolved gun deaths might be ruled suicide).

Ok - this has been long - but right now, we have thousands killed in gun homicides and dozens in mass shootings.
    The former seems to be a much greater problem and gun laws don't do anything.
    Nor do they appear to do anything elsewhere. Moreover, our current gun laws would not have stopped any of the recent shootings.
    But men armed with guns - DID.
    ďGood intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Did you not defend Trump saying " he knew what he was getting into as the truth? And are you know saying the opposite?
    Before I go off on you, did you ever serve in the military?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Before I go off on you, did you ever serve in the military?
    Why? You want to wait until tomorrow when it's not Veteran's Day anymore?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Why? You want to wait until tomorrow when it's not Veteran's Day anymore?
    I probably should. But, I just had oral surgery and am in pain, swelled up, bruised, bored and angry. I'm in the mood for a fight
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar

Yes it is a rare event, if it was commonplace it wouldn't be making the news.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Members who have read this thread: 60