Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fusion GPS dossier was one of the dirtiest political tricks in U.S. history

Blog Entries

Fusion GPS dossier was one of the dirtiest political tricks in U.S. history

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lifting...le_email_share

The Steele dossier has already become a thing of John le Carré-like intrigue—British spies, Kremlin agents, legal cutouts, hidden bank accounts. What all this obscures is the more immediate point: The dossier amounts to one of the dirtiest tricks in U.S. political history. It was perpetrated by Team Clinton and yielded a vast payoff for Hillary’s campaign.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/lifting...le_email_share

The Steele dossier has already become a thing of John le Carré-like intrigue—British spies, Kremlin agents, legal cutouts, hidden bank accounts. What all this obscures is the more immediate point: The dossier amounts to one of the dirtiest tricks in U.S. political history. It was perpetrated by Team Clinton and yielded a vast payoff for Hillary’s campaign.
    That's a nice piece of revisionist history...did you note this was an "opinion" piece?

Your author forgets that there was significant questioning of Trump ties to Russia well before anything this opinion writer claims? Why were planks changed in the Republican platform at the behest of the Trump campaign that were so generous to Russia? There were all sorts of questions around Manafort the moment his hiring was announced.

Every person around Trump has a memory blackout and they all concern one thing and one thing only...Russia/Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    That's a nice piece of revisionist history...did you note this was an "opinion" piece?

Your author forgets that there was significant questioning of Trump ties to Russia well before anything this opinion writer claims? Why were planks changed in the Republican platform at the behest of the Trump campaign that were so generous to Russia? There were all sorts of questions around Manafort the moment his hiring was announced.

Every person around Trump has a memory blackout and they all concern one thing and one thing only...Russia/Putin.
    But won't it be interesting to see the investigations focus more on Hillary and her gang....and less on any of Trump's people. Fun times ahead.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

The worst thing about the Russian Dossier is that it is still not history.
    It is still going on and we ---the taxpayers are paying for it.
    Another bad thing about it is that the direction of the investigation is pointed at the wrong person.
    It is being led by a person who is owned by the Obama-Clinton faction.

If that man had any integrity at all he would cease the investigation and recuse himself from any further association with any Russian investigation including the one needed against Obama and Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    But won't it be interesting to see the investigations focus more on Hillary and her gang....and less on any of Trump's people. Fun times ahead.
    Do you really believe that is going to happen?
    Oh! I know that Gowdy and a couple of others are stirring the crap on Capitol Hill,
    But we have watched him stir before and nothing happens.
    I point out an indictment against Eric Holder that Holder is still laughing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Do you really believe that is going to happen?
    The recent and continuing revelations may make it impossible for the FBI or Mueller to ignore. The whole Podesta crime ring has already- but only only recently - collapsed because of the revelations and there has not been enough time for indictments to start yet.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries

First of all this is not "my" author. I don't even know this person.

Second, I made no comment on the story; I merely posted it. Your whining and snarking is misdirected. As usual.

Third, it's hard to miss that it was an opinion piece when that is stated right above the headline. And even if I missed that part, the language in the article would have tipped me off anyway. See, I, unlike some people, understand the language of opinion vs. fact. AND! I can teach you if you want to learn.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Third, it's hard to miss that it was an opinion piece when that is stated right above the headline. And even if I missed that part, the language in the article would have tipped me off anyway. See, I, unlike some people, understand the language of opinion vs. fact. AND! I can teach you if you want to learn.
    Readers of the Times, Politico and Wapo don’t realize it’s all opinion pieces.........they’ll never know the difference.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

So, you question an opinion piece by writing an opinion piece.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    So, you question an opinion piece by writing an opinion piece.
    Opinions will not be tolerated by the left.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 46