Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SO: How is Judge Moore doing?

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    Me thinks McConnell knows a little bit more about Moore than you southern maryland nubs.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday, "I believe the women" and called on Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama to "step aside."

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/13/56374...m_content=2041
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Me thinks McConnell knows a little bit more about Moore than you southern maryland nubs.
    *NOW* you choose to believe McConnell?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    *NOW* you choose to believe McConnell?
    Please show me where I have ever not believed him since you know me so well. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Yes. We know you endorse fondling children. Run along.

I wouldn't believe Mitch McConnell if he guaranteed me the sun would come up tomorrow.

Yes. We know you endorse fondling children. Run along.
    A statement to be expected from someone that is only interested in their political thinking rather than the law.

I endorse the law and our constitution that demands we view a person innocent until proven guilty. As far as I can tell, Moore hasn't even been charged with a crime, let alone determined guilty of such crimes. But you, along with McConnell, McCain, Romney and such have determined that the law means nothing. Your personal political agenda and thinking nullifies the law. Now you just run along with that.

Please show me where I have ever not believed him since you know me so well. I'll wait.
    I don't need to. For someone to vigorously and reliably post the most negative material against conservatives and the GOP, it's not too much of a guess to figure how you stand regarding the party's majority leader in the Senate. Unless he speaks critically of a Republican, in which case he's already on your side, in that respect.

THAT - and for someone to have a mere 400+ posts in six years - half of them within the last four months - suggests you have a previous persona, and I can't search THAT one without knowing which one it is.

But if you like, I'll toss out a lot of Mitch McConnell statements and ASK if you agree with them now.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

But you, along with McConnell, .
    McConnell is only worried about how inaction will do HIM in. He doesn't care about innocence or guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    McConnell is only worried about how inaction will do HIM in. He doesn't care about innocence or guilt.
    The belief that I somehow "endorse fondling children" because I refuse to deem Moore guilty is ignorance and irrational at its worst. We all should be concerned about the validity of these accusations; but that doesn't demand we should shove the law in the closet in favor of our political desires.

To have lawmakers do this is particularly disturbing and dangerous.

The belief that I somehow "endorse fondling children" because I refuse to deem Moore guilty is ignorance and irrational at its worst. We all should be concerned about the validity of these accusations; but that doesn't demand we should shove the law in the closet in favor of our political desires.

To have lawmakers do this is particularly disturbing and dangerous.
    A man gets so he is afraid to hug his grand daughter.

Members who have read this thread: 65