SO: How is Judge Moore doing?

Hijinx

Looks like the Wapo's dirty trick squad is not doing so well.

https://thepolitistick.com/alabama-...-smear-against-judge-roy-moore-is-backfiring/

No I don't live in Alabama and cannot vote there.(Unless I turn Democrat and die and are buried in a graveyard there).

So it isn't up to me to decide whether I trust Moore or the Washington Com Post.---and his accusers who showed up 40 years after the alleged fact.

But it appears that many people in Alabama prefer to believe the Judge.IMO here are some of the reasons.
The Washington Post's credibility is at a low low place.
The credibility of the accusers is just as low.1 has been divorced 3 times and bankrupt 3 times.
Another has worked for Hillary.
Rumors that money was offered to witnesse's
The fact that neither party wants this guy in the Senate. (which is one reason Trump got elected.)
If McConnell doesn't want him that is a great endorsement.
Some have seen his 40 year record and do not believe this BS.
Many , many people are disgusted with the Democrat dirty tricks and others are disgusted by Republicans who bailed out on Trump.

Here is the Hill and they say the same thing.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ngelicals-more-likely-to-vote-for-moore-after

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think you can only use this trick every so often, and it was only a year ago they brought out the women who finally, after decades, decided to accuse Trump. They need to let people forget before they try it again.

It's possible that Roy Moore did rape this woman when she was a kid, but the timing of her finally coming forward is suspicious and anyone who pretends not to notice is a party cultist who shouldn't be allowed to vote in our elections. I'm also wondering why these establishment Republicans have already found this guy guilty based on mere accusations. Why do they want to get rid of him so bad? I got no dog in this fight and don't really know a whole lot about Roy Moore, I'm just tired of these dirty political shenanigans. I'd like a real government again instead of the corruption we have now.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This article is on Baynet. Interesting. Is Baynet becoming a WaPo mini me?

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1117/rememberhowawfulyoufeltayearago.html

[h=1]Remember how awful you felt a year ago?[/h][FONT=Arial !important]Bethesda, MD - Remember how awful you felt a year ago? Donald Trump had just won the election, and our long national nightmare had begun.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial !important]So how great was it to wake up Wednesday morning and see the coast-to-coast blue wave! We did it by pulling ourselves out of the doldrums, organizing and most importantly, voting. Across America, we won statewide victories in Virginia, New Jersey, and Washington. We're taking back governorships, state legislatures, and city councils.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial !important]Here in Maryland we started building a state party capable of competing in every zip code. We trained our central committees and Democratic clubs all across the state for our summer of Resistance and Renewal voter canvass. More...[/FONT]

littlelady

God bless the USA
Kathleen Matthews is the chair of the Maryland Democratic Party

It's just an op-ed.

You are right. The comments to the article are like an op-ed, too, and they were great. I don’t like the pic chosen of Trump; it was unnecessary. Thus my comment about bias. At first glance, it looks like Trump is getting ready to say F U, and his index finger looks like the middle finger. But, now, that I think about it, that’s funny! :lol:

We need to keep the red wave going! :thewave:

Last edited:

Hijinx

I think you can only use this trick every so often, and it was only a year ago they brought out the women who finally, after decades, decided to accuse Trump. They need to let people forget before they try it again.

It's possible that Roy Moore did rape this woman when she was a kid, but the timing of her finally coming forward is suspicious and anyone who pretends not to notice is a party cultist who shouldn't be allowed to vote in our elections. I'm also wondering why these establishment Republicans have already found this guy guilty based on mere accusations. Why do they want to get rid of him so bad? I got no dog in this fight and don't really know a whole lot about Roy Moore, I'm just tired of these dirty political shenanigans. I'd like a real government again instead of the corruption we have now.

Well she doesn't really claim a rape or penetration. Just a feel. A sexual contact.
Like you I don't know but she sure took a long time to come up with this BS.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well she doesn't really claim a rape or penetration. Just a feel. A sexual contact.
Like you I don't know but she sure took a long time to come up with this BS.

It doesn’t take a long time to come up with BS; which has been proven in this case. We don’t even know the circumstances of the ‘sexual’ contact. Were they in a crowd, and Moore accidentally brushed up against her? Who knows. All I know is this is BS; like you said.

Another thought: What is the BS about Hannitty losing 5 sponsors because he made the comment about ‘innocent before proven guilty’? I don’t know if it is fake news or not, but just the idea that it is out there, is ludicrous.

Last edited:

transporter

Kathleen Matthews is the chair of the Maryland Democratic Party

It's just an op-ed.

The other day you posted an op-ed piece that you posted as factual. What made that one factual and this one "just an op-ed"?

Oh...right the one that was factual pushed a right wing agenda.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The other day you posted an op-ed piece that you posted as factual. What made that one factual and this one "just an op-ed"?

Oh...right the one that was factual pushed a right wing agenda.

What in the hell are you babbling about now? You must be hearing dog whistles and coded language again.

transporter

This is the more interesting post....

Oh come on...the same kind of crap was used against Bill Clinton...John Kerry was "swiftboated"...and Bush 43's military experience were all politically motivated claims made many many years after the fact. These tactics work because people like you forget or only believe the attacks that are leveled against your party.

It's possible that Roy Moore did rape this woman when she was a kid, but the timing of her finally coming forward is suspicious and anyone who pretends not to notice is a party cultist who shouldn't be allowed to vote in our elections.

Well as an obvious cultist, your right to vote should be rescinded as well...right??

I'm also wondering why these establishment Republicans have already found this guy guilty based on mere accusations.

Are you listening? The man is accused of sexual misconduct with children. What about that makes you think the "establishment" should jump up in support of him? Have you noted that most clarify their comments on Moore with "If true"? Did you listen to Moore's interview with Hannity? Moore essentially admitted the charges. Hannity used the most leading questions he could think of and Moore couldn't utter the simple word "No".

Why do they want to get rid of him so bad?

That should be pretty obvious. The guy is another nutjob.

I got no dog in this fight and don't really know a whole lot about Roy Moore,

Bull. If you had no dog in the fight then you wouldn't have posted.

I'm just tired of these dirty political shenanigans.

You mean you tire of political shenanigans against right wing politicians.

I'd like a real government again instead of the corruption we have now.[/QUOTE
]

What in this story smacks of corruption?

transporter

But it appears that many people in Alabama prefer to believe the Judge.IMO here are some of the reasons.
The Washington Post's credibility is at a low low place.

Here is the Hill and they say the same thing.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ngelicals-more-likely-to-vote-for-moore-after

So your Hill article states that 37% of evangelical voters (yes, this article is about evangelicals...not ALL AL voters) are MORE likely to vote for Moore after the accusation. That's really interesting. Folks who claim to be religious are MORE likely to vote for a man because he has been accused of sexual misconduct with a child. Let that sink into your addled brain...if it can.

BTW...as for candidate Moore...the totals of the most recent poll aren't as glowing as you represent:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/360009-poll-democrat-leads-roy-moore-in-alabama-senate-race

Here is the actual poll:http://winwithjmc.com/wp-content/up...Executive-Summary-General-Election-Poll-2.pdf

Moore's status is significantly weaker now. The Dem is now leading. Question 6 addresses the accusations...more people are LESS likely to support Moore.

Hijinx

So your Hill article states that 37% of evangelical voters (yes, this article is about evangelicals...not ALL AL voters) are MORE likely to vote for Moore after the accusation. That's really interesting. Folks who claim to be religious are MORE likely to vote for a man because he has been accused of sexual misconduct with a child. Let that sink into your addled brain...if it can.

BTW...as for candidate Moore...the totals of the most recent poll aren't as glowing as you represent:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/360009-poll-democrat-leads-roy-moore-in-alabama-senate-race

Here is the actual poll:http://winwithjmc.com/wp-content/up...Executive-Summary-General-Election-Poll-2.pdf

Moore's status is significantly weaker now. The Dem is now leading. Question 6 addresses the accusations...more people are LESS likely to support Moore.

Accused-----alleged----Most say IF he is guilty

You see that is the whole thing in a nutshell.
Until the paid accusations came forward there was no child molestation.
That is the beef in the whole thing. The Democrats and yourself know that a mere accusation can condemn this man.
After the election we will hear no more of it.
It will die out and these women will disappear.
And this man's reputation will be ruined.

Democrats are really good at it.

LMAO love your poll.Polls have done so well for you snowflakes.,

Hijinx

That is the point of this whole exercise. Ruin this man's reputation and get a Democrat in office.
One of the oldest dirty tricks in the Democrat election plan.
Even Obama himself used it to become a US Senator. A nothing who destroyed a man to get ahead.

So according to your poll , it's working. Aren't you proud.?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh come on...the same kind of crap was used against Bill Clinton...

I appreciate you starting out with bull#### so I know not to waste my time reading further.

You call it "crap", and yet Willie Jeff was impeached over it. Oh, and there's the part where he actually admitted it.

I can only presume the rest of your post is equally as ignorant.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So your Hill article states that 37% of evangelical voters ......

Question 8: Given the allegations that have come out about Roy Moore’s alleged sexual misconduct against four underage women, are you more or less likely to support him as a result of these allegations?

More Likely 29%
Less Likely 38%
No Difference 33%

I don't see an Evangelical section in that question

Question 9: Would you describe yourself as an evangelical Christian?
CURRENT PREVIOUS
Yes 58% 53%
No 27% 32%
Undecided 15% 14%

nor do i see this Question into the previous one

SamSpade

I was just thinking - partly because in all honesty, I've paid very little attention to this story......

Do we yet have an accusation of an actual crime yet?

I'm asking because while the situation seems creepy, I haven't seen anything akin to rape or assault.
You might not like a guy because he did something weird 40 years ago - a man in his early thirties seeing a high school age girl - but is it a crime yet?
Is what he did different from something *I* probably did IN high school?

And I am curious about one thing -

With things like murder and rape - I think it's justified to NEVER let it drop. You kill someone, you rape someone, 20, 30, 50 years ago, it's still wrong and bad and you should not get away with it.

If you bully some kid in high school - and you're now in your sixties - geez, let it drop.

The Democrats were willing to forgive Robert Byrd because he put the KKK behind him (although he was never above using the N word).
They were willing to let go of the racist past of George Wallace - in part, because after his shooting - he did actually earn forgiveness.

Now if I did something lewd in high school - at what point do people think you know what? That was a long time ago.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Democrats were willing to forgive Robert Byrd because he put the KKK behind him (although he was never above using the N word).

Of course they forgive him - he's a Democrat. Just like feminists fell all over themselves to excuse Willie Jeff's sexual predation. And encouraged Huma Abedin to go back to her skeevy pedo pervert husband.

But you let some Republican so much as compliment a woman...

Remember the hysterical flap when Trump remarked to the French president's wife that she was in great shape? They screamed at the sky so much you'd have thought Trump threw her down on the ground.