Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmarts $7.5 million dollar watermelon

Walmarts $7.5 million dollar watermelon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d74115696777

Army veteran Henry Walker was trying to buy a watermelon at a Walmart in Alabama when his foot got stuck in a wooden pallet. When he turned, the 59-year-old fell, breaking his hip.

Walker sued Walmart over the 2015 incident, and an Alabama jury has ruled that he should be awarded $7.5 million.

“You don’t expect to go into a grocery store walking fine on your two feet and come out on a stretcher,” Walker’s attorney Shaun O’Hara told AL.com.
    Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

Hmmm. I'm feeling like I might get really clumsy in Lowe's later today....
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Last week I made some toast.

It wasn't bad.

A little too lightly toasted for my taste, but it was OK.

I put butter on it.

Unfortunately (for the Industrial Ladder & Supply Co. - you'll see why momentarily), I dropped a little butter on the floor, and then I stepped on it, getting into the treads of my workboots and turning the sole into a surface that resembled Teflon coated ice.

FutureMrsToxick, subsequently reminded me that our gutters were full, and needed some cleaning. I broke out the ladder, following all the instructions and angling the ladder precisely as they indicate on the side of the ladder. First step I fell backwards like Fred Flintstone stepping on a banana peel. The phrase ass-over-tincups went through my mind just as I landed on my hip sending thunder and lightening up and down my sciatic nerve.

I reckon the pain is at least 15.3 million dollars.

Any lawyers in here interested in making a couple bucks?
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

I guess I will catch hell for this, but I think 7.5 Million dollars for being stupid enough to walk on a wooden pallet is much too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I guess I will catch hell for this, but I think 7.5 Million dollars for being stupid enough to walk on a wooden pallet is much too much money.
    This is nothing new.

For decades courts have been making stupid people rich at companies expense. It's another lottery.

You get medical, you get lost wages, maybe, depending on how stupid you were. That's it.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    This is nothing new.

For decades courts have been making stupid people rich at companies expense. It's another lottery.
    It's all for the economy, the courts know they will put all that money right back into the economy within 2 or 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post

Any lawyers in here interested in making a couple bucks?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently. I can hep you out. Biggly.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I'm banging one,.... but I'm no help to you....
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I'm banging one,.... but I'm no help to you....
    A watermelon?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 51