Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Case Study in the Brutal Treatment of Climate Change Skeptics

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    See, they don't want to do without to "save" the planet; they just want everyone else to do without.
    Remember that joke about the homeless guy who asks for money from the Democrat and Republican, walking together?
    The Republican says "here's my card, come to my house tomorrow, you can do some yard work and I will pay you".
    The Democrat grabs a 20 out of the Republican's pocket and says "and have lunch, on me".

They want to be seen as compassionate, but don't want to "do" compassion.
    It's that virtue signaling thing - say the right things but not actually do them.
    They want tolerance - but only for the things THEY want. Freedom for me, but not for thee.
    One of my nieces said something like I'd pay a little more in taxes to have free college for all -
    but obviously that can't happen unless either EVERYONE ELSE also pays a little more - or she digs into her own pocket
    and pays for ONE person to go - and she won't do that.

I remember I used to do a lot of volunteer work when I was single - I was part of a group that had different projects
    you could work on. MY projects - they'd be "conservative" projects. Park needs cleaning? A couple days and some tools and we clean it up.
    The liberal projects were protesting the park's dirtiness and petitioning the government to fix it.

I have cousins who gripe about people trying to find a better place in this country, and they fight for legislation.
    My DAD took families into his house, fed them and found them jobs.

You want to save the planet? Start saving it - stop wasting time trying to get others to do it for you.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's funny how if you are a climate change skeptic you "reject science" but if you believe that there is more than two genders then it's all good. WhatDafuq?
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Members who have read this thread: 31