Standing PRIOR to Homestead

CALV 109
OHCG 89 -20
STGIS 83 -26
HD20 77 -32
AJ 74 - 35
C_F 70 -39
CLEV 30 -79

Calvocopf has Clinched the "Championship" for 2017 ! Calvcopf 2ND , SOMD Championship ! :cheers:
Positions 2 thru 6 are still in contention . Clevalley has SOLE possession of LAST

For 5 point BONUS eligibility , Calv - OHCG -STGIS ( Truex ) . HD20( Busch )

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We stopped in the gift shop at the International Speedway in Daytona. They sell all sorts of gear with your favorite driver or their car on them. Pjs, sheets, pillowcases, you name it.

Checkered_Flag

Well since they won't be back next year.

Matt Kenseth WINNER
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Danica Patrick
Michael McDowell
Landon Cassill

homedepot20

Well , The 2017 NASCAR season is coming to a close . Congrats :cheers: to "Defending SOMD Champion" , Calvcopf , on WINNING his 2nd SOMD "Championship" :cheers: I have a outside chance of taking 2nd if Kyle Busch WINS Championship & Race & I collected enough points !The JGR team started off slow so my point standing started off slow . now JGR has picked up & so I have (better late than never). Next year NASCAR will lose 2 great drivers , Kenseth & Earnhardt . Eric Jones will be driving the JGR 20 car , so he will be one of my five picks !I hope next year , SOMD NASCAR has MORE competition , We started with the usual 7 , Clevalley dropped out & OHCG has said he might not return . I wasn't quite as vocal & insulting as in past because of lack of PC time . Work PC has a Web filter that prohibits chat site & home PC is slow as paint drying . Next year with more competitors & vocal feedback maybe this forum will get livelier . Any way it been a great competing against y'all and can't wait for Daytona in February . Happy Thanksgiving / Merry XMas / Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

calvcopf

Thanks Guys! It's been fun! Like HD20 said hope we can get more next year!

Hope all of you guys decide to return on the spring!

Hijinx

The place looks empty. Nascar doesn't appear to be doing so well.

Maybe they should bring back the Confederate flags,

stgislander

PREMO Member
I have to admit... I'm looking forward to the off season. I'll "see" you all next year.

Hamlin - Winner
Kenseth
Ky. Busch
Harvick
Ku. Busch

OldHillcrestGuy

Well Checkered_Flag kind of beat me to it. My picks were going to be a tribute to those not returning next year. There's Homie's love partner Matt Kenseth, then theres my love partner in my dreams Danica, she's been really plastered by many folks, but she did bring people in to follow NASCAR at a time when fan interest seems to be declining, she is very easy on the eyes. Although she never won a race, she was usually in the middle of the pack and not in the 30's and 40th positions at the finish. Then there is the one I always rooted for the role time on here and my favorite driver Dale Earnhardt Jr., I'm going to miss him, being a old fart and have many of the long time drivers retiring I don't know who I may end up with as my new favorite. It might just be Martin Treux Jr., I have only been to one NASCAR race in my lifetime and it was a weekend that is hard to forget. It was Dover and I cant remember the year, we stayed at a beach house in Ocean City arriving on Friday it was a rainy weekend wasn't looking good weather wise for the race. We packed up Sunday morning and drove to Dover with rain on and off, got there paid $20 to park in a grassy field at a motel, entered the track and then waited and waited for the rain to stop, finally after about 3 hours the race was postponed to Monday had to drive back to OC to the beach house and wait to return Monday. The race was a go Monday and the driver who got his first NASCAR win was Martin Treux Jr and he was racing on the same race team as Dale Jr. at that time.
So with all that rambling done I was going to pick Junior to win as a tribute to him, but I still want to finish second so my picks will be,

Martin Treux Jr. (1)
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Danica Patrick
Matt Kenseth
Kyle Busch.

homedepot20

FINAL STANDING of SOMD 2017 NASCAR

CALVCOPF 121
OLDHILLCRESTGUY 100
STGISLANDER 85
HOMEDEPOT20 80
ANTHONYJAMES 74
CHECKEREDFLAG 70
CLEVALLEY 30

homedepot20

Once again congrats to Calvcopf on WINNING "Championship" & on his 2nd SOMD "Championship" :cheers: DON"T even think about a 3rd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buddies:

Last edited:

calvcopf

Once again congrats to Calvcopf on WINNING "Championship" & on his 2nd SOMD "Championship" :cheers: DON"T even think about a 3rd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buddies:

Thanks Man! :buddies:

You will make the 3rd one easy for me if you pick Suarez and Jones every week. :killingme

OldHillcrestGuy

Don't rule me out I may just return next year, and go for my 3rd win, tired of 2nd place finishes the past 2 years. I'll follow my favorite new driver NASCAR Champ Martin Treux Jr. Great win for a racing team who had many things to overcome recently with several life changing events.
Poor Brad complaining about Toyota's having a advantage over Ford's after the race, never did like him. I thought NBC did a great job after the race on the post race show with Kyle Petty and Dale Jarrett. Great send off for Junior before the race. Watched more pre race and post race Nascar then I have all season. IT just makes me more interested in coming back in February and making sure and that Calvert doesn't win his 3rd straight. Also enjoy watching Homie take all year to get out of last place.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Great race for sure. Congrats everyone.

Was Kyle Busch interviewed after the race? I saw everyone interviewed but him. I'll admit I was out in the kitchen cleaning up, but my wife was watching and she doesn't remember seeing him interviewed.

calvcopf

Don't rule me out I may just return next year, and go for my 3rd win, tired of 2nd place finishes the past 2 years. I'll follow my favorite new driver NASCAR Champ Martin Treux Jr. Great win for a racing team who had many things to overcome recently with several life changing events.
Poor Brad complaining about Toyota's having a advantage over Ford's after the race, never did like him. I thought NBC did a great job after the race on the post race sh with Kyle Petty and Dale Jarrett. Great send off for Junior before the race. Watched more pre race and post race Nascar then I have all season. IT just makes me more interested in coming back in February and making sure and that Calvert doesn't win his 3rd straight. Also enjoy watching Homie take all year to get out of last place.

Come back next year. I need the competition! :roflmao: