Britt McHenry rips GQ

Hijinx

littlelady

God bless the USA
GQ is on the outs. They were before they posted this cover. Now they cinched it. What is gentlemanly about Kaepernick? Nothing.

And, speaking about nothing, Kaepernick would have been nothing, except for the fact that a loving white couple adopted him, and gave him a great life. They must be so proud of him, or not. Shades of Obama.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor.../colin-kapernick-parents-no-comment/89992470/

And, what is up with the Afro? Poor baby is so lost; maybe he would have blended in better in an earlier time in our history. Let’s take up a collection so we can send the unemployed non-patiort some money so he can buy a pacifier, some pull up diapers, blankie, crayons, and a one way ticket out of America to a safe space; wherever that is that non patriots go. But, no puppies. Puppies are innocent bystanders.

One more thing. I don’t understand why printed/paper publications go off the deep end. Their days are numbered, as it is. Nobody, gets actual paper printed media, anymore. I am speaking from experience. The first to go was the WaPo, even though I missed the Sunday coupons. And, I haven’t subscribed to any magazine after that, much less look at their crap on the internet. And, any extraneous paper that comes to my house, goes straight into the recycle bin, where it belongs. I do know I will go to recycle heaven. :angel:

Last edited:

terbear1225

GQ is on the outs. They were before they posted this cover. Now they cinched it. What is gentlemanly about Kaepernick? Nothing.

And, speaking about nothing, Kaepernick would have been nothing, except for the fact that a loving white couple adopted him, and gave him a great life. They must be so proud of him, or not. Shades of Obama.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor.../colin-kapernick-parents-no-comment/89992470/

And, what is up with the Afro? Poor baby is so lost; maybe he would have blended in better in an earlier time in our history. Let’s take up a collection so we can send the unemployed non-patiort some money so he can buy a pacifier, some pull up diapers, blankie, crayons, and a one way ticket out of America to a safe space; wherever that is that non patriots go. But, no puppies. Puppies are innocent bystanders.

One more thing. I don’t understand why printed/paper publications go off the deep end. Their days are numbered, as it is. Nobody, gets actual paper printed media, anymore. I am speaking from experience. The first to go was the WaPo, even though I missed the Sunday coupons. And, I haven’t subscribed to any magazine after that, much less look at their crap on the internet. And, any extraneous paper that comes to my house, goes straight into the recycle bin, where it belongs. I do know I will go to recycle heaven. :angel:

No one was talking about GQ a week ago, now everyone is. They have accomplished their goal in getting their name in the public discussion and will almost certainly sell more mags this month than last month.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No one was talking about GQ a week ago, now everyone is. They have accomplished their goal in getting their name in the public discussion and will almost certainly sell more mags this month than last month.

Mmmm...the old adage (axiom? whatever) used to be that negative publicity was better than no publicity. In the internet age, that's no longer true. You get too famous for something bad and you'll end up having to close your doors.

I am guessing GQ's circulation has been going steadily down for years, so they figure this is the way to pick up a new audience and save their dying publication. Conde Nast mags, in general, are all dying. If you look at their print publications, you see a Who's Who of progressive agenda pushers. GQ is no longer a magazine for "men"; it's a political opinion outlet. All their magazines are targeted at the New York glitterati and not normal everyday people. Of course this severely limits their audience because most Americans can't afford to spend $500 on an advertised face cream, nor do they care about the latest fashion tips from Ryan Gosling.

Magazines are expensive to produce and, as little lady said, people don't want printed materials cluttering up the house anymore. They get their information and entertainment in digital format. This Crappernick thing is just a dying gasp from a dinosaur.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
ESPN started all this when they showed everyone how hip and edgy they are by proclaiming a man as woman of the year. In liberal circles that idiocy was exalted. So now GQ has to 1 up ESPN.

Can't wait to see what awards Louis CK garners. The Roman Polanski tribute award?