FBI seeks Senate documents, signaling possible probe into sale of fetal tissue

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The request was made in recent days, the sources said, to the Senate Judiciary Committee, whose chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), last December referred Planned Parenthood and several other abortion providers to the FBI for investigation after a lengthy probe into the transfers of fetal tissue.

Grassley said at the time that his committee had uncovered enough evidence in its final investigative report to show abortion providers had transferred tissue and body parts from aborted fetuses to firms for use in research by charging dollar amounts above their actual costs.

Abortion providers are allowed under a 1993 law to transfer fetal tissue for research at a cost equal to the price of obtaining it, but are not allowed to sell it at a profit.
The Justice Department declined comment, saying it does not confirm nor deny whether an investigation is taking place.

A spokesman for the FBI did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The request was made in recent days, the sources said, to the Senate Judiciary Committee, whose chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), last December referred Planned Parenthood and several other abortion providers to the FBI for investigation after a lengthy probe into the transfers of fetal tissue.

Grassley said at the time that his committee had uncovered enough evidence in its final investigative report to show abortion providers had transferred tissue and body parts from aborted fetuses to firms for use in research by charging dollar amounts above their actual costs.

Abortion providers are allowed under a 1993 law to transfer fetal tissue for research at a cost equal to the price of obtaining it, but are not allowed to sell it at a profit.
The Justice Department declined comment, saying it does not confirm nor deny whether an investigation is taking place.

A spokesman for the FBI did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

It is not disgusting enough to end a life in the womb by totally destroying it, but then to use it for research? Way beyond disgusting. Just think, those babies might have been the saviors of the world. Also, don’t get preg if you don’t want children. That was easy.

I have an issue with this subject, in the fact that there should not be abortions, unless the mom is in danger, or the child will have an awful life because of serious med conditions. Period. We never knew dot had MS, until her first child. It does not manifest itself until after birth. If you have it, it is caused by exhaustion. She chose to have another one due in January. It is an awful disease. While one is preg, the symptoms pretty much go away because of the high level of hormones. Dot is doing great; and docs don’t like preg women to take their every other day injections while preg. But, when the next child is born, it will rear its ugly head again. Not fair. But, I, always told my children that life is not fair. I didn’t expect all the crap, either. I never experienced what my children came up against. MS and drug addiction. I am so proud of them. They are troopers, and doing all they can to make it right, and have a nice life. I was the spoiled one, and thought life would be perfect for my children. Well, that is not how it turned out. They have taught me so much. My children are awesome!!!!! Go Ry, and Meg!!!!

Last edited: