Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: ...and, Mr. Grisham...

  1. #21
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,824
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm going to say this as delicately as I possibly can.

    This is one biggest pieces of horse#### posts I think I've ever seen, let alone from you.

    When a child is forced to have sex with an adult, or even with another child, and that is being filmed, sold, then displayed for adults to watch that child is being harmed. People that watch that filth are patronizing the harm of a child. Hence, they are participating in the harm of these children. So, technically they are harming children by watching the crap.

    You can try to justify this in your narrow, sick libertarian way; when you're done, all you've done is justify the abuse of children.

    I guaran-damn-tee you that if you had a child that was in a child porn movie, and that movie was all over the internet, you'd want every person that viewed it dealt with by the law. If you don't, then you're even sicker than I think you are at this very moment. If your libertarianism is so deeply rooted in your thinking that everyone is free to do as they please as long as they aren't harming anyone; even when it comes to watching child porn, this makes me really happy I'm not a libertarian in the strict sense of the word. There are lines that aren't crossed; and this one is clearly drawn.
    That was delicate

    And spot on.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  2. #22
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,824
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    No, she said:
    And I stand by that. How many non-pedos do you know who defend kiddie porn? Any?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    You can try to justify this in your narrow, sick libertarian way; when you're done, all you've done is justify the abuse of children.
    Please know that that particular predilection he endorses is not a libertarian characteristic or position.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    And I stand by that. How many non-pedos do you know who defend kiddie porn? Any?
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Please know that that particular predilection he endorses is not a libertarian characteristic or position.
    It may not be yours, but it is his. It takes libertarianism to the extreme. And I would bet Chris is in the extreme minority within the libertarian sect.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #26
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,824
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    It may not be yours, but it is his. It takes libertarianism to the extreme. And I would bet Chris is in the extreme minority within the libertarian sect.
    Chris is not a libertarian, he is an anarchist.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Chris is not a libertarian, he is an anarchist.
    I completely get the libertarian ideal that we all should be allowed to do what we want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. I am largely for this. Of course I am starting to change when it comes to drugs. But, to be completely ignorant to what happens when people consume child porn, and believe it doesn't harm anyone... how does your ideology cause you to not apply what happens here as a market, or even on a logical level? How can Chris not realize that when you participate in a market, you are not only endorsing that market, you are saying that market should thrive and survive and produce more of it; resulting in more abuse to our children? Chris... can you not see these chain of market events?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I completely get the libertarian ideal that we all should be allowed to do what we want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. I am largely for this. Of course I am starting to change when it comes to drugs. But, to be completely ignorant to what happens when people consume child porn, and believe it doesn't harm anyone... how does your ideology cause you to not apply what happens here as a market, or even on a logical level? How can Chris not realize that when you participate in a market, you are not only endorsing that market, you are saying that market should thrive and survive and produce more of it; resulting in more abuse to our children? Chris... can you not see these chain of market events?
    Child porn is a terrible example to raise because both parties arenít capable of consent. Mutual consent/mutually beneficial interaction is a cornerstone of libertarian frameworks.

  9. #29
    Jesus H. Christ.

    I say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I think there's something to be said for the stupid things this country puts people on the sex offender list for, but while he may be technically correct in that those people have never harmed anyone, someone who chooses to look at those sorts of things is ####ed in the head.
    And somehow some of you twist that into me defending peoplewho watch the ####?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  10. #30
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,824
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Jesus H. Christ.

    I say:


    And somehow some of you twist that into me defending peoplewho watch the ####?
    Grisham is NOT "technically correct" that people who watch child porn "have never harmed anyone." They are harming the children who are forced to make the videos or pics in the first place. No consumers, no market, no exploited children. So indeed if you "only" watch child pornography, you are contributing to the abuse of children in a direct line.

    Why is this hard to understand? I thought Psy spelled it out rather nicely.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |