Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Crash-o-Rama south of LP City continues

  1. #1
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,606

    Crash-o-Rama south of LP City continues

    http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/11...ar-school.html

    Here's what I don't get, forward to 3:26 on the video. Once the driver is freed from the car, they are able to walk under their own power up out of the ditch, even appears to be carrying on a phone call. Did this person really need a helicopter ride?
    "I aim to misbehave."

  2. #2
    Registered User DEEKAYPEE8569's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Suthin' Merlin
    Posts
    10,360
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/11...ar-school.html

    Here's what I don't get, forward to 3:26 on the video. Once the driver is freed from the car, they are able to walk under their own power up out of the ditch, even appears to be carrying on a phone call. Did this person really need a helicopter ride?
    IMO, no. At most, a precautionary ambulance ride to the hospital might be enough.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

  3. #3
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    IMO, no. At most, a precautionary ambulance ride to the hospital might be enough.
    I really get the feeling that they are trying hard to justify the helos and so it's like Oprah, "You get a helo ride, and YOU get a helo ride, heck, EVERYBODY gets a helo ride".
    "I aim to misbehave."

  4. #4
    the poor dad TPD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Smallville
    Posts
    2,806
    Four accidents in 8 weeks that have shut the road down in this 6-7 mile stretch. That could be more road closings than the stretch from gate 2 to Route 4 in the last 8 weeks. Our sheriff needs to get on this!

    And yes, concerning the helo ride - this burns me. As I stated in one of my youtube videos, sometimes all it takes is a broken finger nail to get a ride in one of these MSP birds.

    But another beef of mine with these accidents and road closings is the lost productivity of so many people because of the failure of one person. I do realize with this particular accident wires were across the road so it needed to be closed, but in so many other accidents, the road is closed when it shouldn't be. But if it is necessary to close a road, our fire/rescue/police/highway departments need to do a better job at directing traffic. My daughter was madder than a wet hornet yesterday morning because there was no indication of an accident/road closure until she got right up to the scene, along with everyone else headed north. With all of the rescue/law enforcement on the scene, why couldn't one of those guys be down at Mattapany Road diverting traffic. Heck for that matter, why couldn't they have someone turning around traffic through the middle school parking lot rather than having everyone drive up to the scene then doing a u-turn/3-pt turn to head south again. This has been a beef of mine for the last number of years that I have expressed to the rescue personnel and the sheriff's office. If we are already spending $500,000-$1mil for fire engines, $8-10mil for fire stations, and who knows what for gators, segways, and tanks for the sheriff's department, what is another $10-20,000 for portable signs to direct traffic?

    Go ahead - throw the torches at me now and tell me how insensitive I am for not caring about the loved ones involved in these accidents because I only want to get to my destination on time. You will not change my mind about it. And feel free to go around me when you see my sorry ass in an accident. And oh yeah, just for good measure, flip me the bird as you go by my body laying in the road. I will start a gofundme later...

  5. #5
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by TPD View Post
    Four accidents in 8 weeks that have shut the road down in this 6-7 mile stretch. That could be more road closings than the stretch from gate 2 to Route 4 in the last 8 weeks. Our sheriff needs to get on this!

    And yes, concerning the helo ride - this burns me. As I stated in one of my youtube videos, sometimes all it takes is a broken finger nail to get a ride in one of these MSP birds.

    But another beef of mine with these accidents and road closings is the lost productivity of so many people because of the failure of one person. I do realize with this particular accident wires were across the road so it needed to be closed, but in so many other accidents, the road is closed when it shouldn't be. But if it is necessary to close a road, our fire/rescue/police/highway departments need to do a better job at directing traffic. My daughter was madder than a wet hornet yesterday morning because there was no indication of an accident/road closure until she got right up to the scene, along with everyone else headed north. With all of the rescue/law enforcement on the scene, why couldn't one of those guys be down at Mattapany Road diverting traffic. Heck for that matter, why couldn't they have someone turning around traffic through the middle school parking lot rather than having everyone drive up to the scene then doing a u-turn/3-pt turn to head south again. This has been a beef of mine for the last number of years that I have expressed to the rescue personnel and the sheriff's office. If we are already spending $500,000-$1mil for fire engines, $8-10mil for fire stations, and who knows what for gators, segways, and tanks for the sheriff's department, what is another $10-20,000 for portable signs to direct traffic?

    Go ahead - throw the torches at me now and tell me how insensitive I am for not caring about the loved ones involved in these accidents because I only want to get to my destination on time. You will not change my mind about it. And feel free to go around me when you see my sorry ass in an accident. And oh yeah, just for good measure, flip me the bird as you go by my body laying in the road. I will start a gofundme later...

    Not at all, you have a valid point, especially considering that when I rolled by the Park Hall/235 intersection at 715, there were two officers and two cars there diverting the SB traffic. One of who was leaving going north. I paused for a moment and mentioned that the backup of diverted traffic on Park Hall was literally a mile or more long trying to enter 5 south, and that it might be a good idea to get someone there to stop the SB on 5 to alleviate that. "Thanks Sir" said the nice officer in a tone that said he didn't care about that crap :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Not at all, you have a valid point, especially considering that when I rolled by the Park Hall/235 intersection at 715, there were two officers and two cars there diverting the SB traffic. One of who was leaving going north. I paused for a moment and mentioned that the backup of diverted traffic on Park Hall was literally a mile or more long trying to enter 5 south, and that it might be a good idea to get someone there to stop the SB on 5 to alleviate that. "Thanks Sir" said the nice officer in a tone that said he didn't care about that crap :)
    Our MSP is not unlike our Sheriff's Office. They have a limited number of officers to respond to calls. I do agree completely with you. I too thought the same thing. I too thought to tell the Trooper. But, I thought he would just blow me off. Its nice to see I was probably right. However, for those that encountered the backed up traffic, I suspect they may have called either police agency and complained. What good it may have done, is a completely different matter.

Members who have read this thread: 84

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |