The fix

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's the scenario:

Trump supports Luther Strange
The GOP, because they hate Trump, supports Strange's opponent (Roy Moore)
Moore wins the primary runoff; the GOP jumps for joy - take that Trump!
The GOP AND the Dems dig up sexual assault accusations against Moore and DEMAND! that he quit the race
Moore either quits the race or he is defeated in the general
Both parties can claim that the Republican loss is a repudiation of Trump

TA-DA! :diva:

The real takeaway should be that Trump is the man and the GOP elite are a bunch of sore loser aholes, but that's not what will happen.

Mark my words, you heard it here first and don't you dare credit anyone else when it happens: Doug Jones will beat Roy Moore in this election, and the Hateful Three (led by John McCain) will blame Trump.

In 100 years Trump's presidency will be taught in history classes and future generations will marvel at our ignorance and naivete just like we marvel at Teapot Dome and Credit Mobilier. They will think our elected representatives are savages, just like we think Preston Brooks was a savage; just like we think all slavery proponents were savages.

transporter

You really need to look into things before you make your commentaries...this rant has no basis in fact:

The GOP did support Strange. Mitch McConnel, Sen Shelby, the NRA, the National Right to Life Committee...all establishment stalwarts supported Strange.

The only active politic figure to support Roy Moore is Mo Brooks. The rest of Moore's endorsements come from Fox News personalities.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whos-endorsed-whom-in-the-alabama-senate-race/

Here is a quote from the CBS story that shows just how wrong you are:

Senate Leadership Fund

The super PAC aligned with McConnell has aired TV and radio ads in recent days in favor of Strange and noting the president's endorsement.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/08/mitch_mcconnell_pours_more_mon.html

PsyOps

Pixelated
You really need to look into things before you make your commentaries

And you need to work on your reading skills. Vrai's whole point was that Trump endorsed Strange during the primary, not Moore. From YOUR own referenced article:

The president endorsed Strange in August, just a few days before the original primary election. "Senator Luther Strange has done a great job representing the people of the Great State of Alabama. He has my complete and total endorsement!"

Let me spell this out in really simple terms for you: Trump wanted Strange to win.

Vrai's point: Even though Trump endorsed Strange, when Jones beats Moore, the GOP establishment will blame Trump, even though Trump didn't want Moore in the first place.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And you need to work on your reading skills. Vrai's whole point was that Trump endorsed Strange during the primary, not Moore. From YOUR own referenced article:

Let me spell this out in really simple terms for you: Trump wanted Strange to win.

Vrai's point: Even though Trump endorsed Strange, when Jones beats Moore, the GOP establishment will blame Trump, even though Trump didn't want Moore in the first place.

Isn't it sad that you had to spell that out?

Starman

The problem with this analysis is that Trump didn't really want Strange to win. He only feigned support in return for some sort of a horse trade with McConnell. Why do you think Trump deleted his tweets in support of Strange when he didn't win?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The problem with this analysis is that Trump didn't really want Strange to win. He only feigned support in return for some sort of a horse trade with McConnell.

I was unaware that you have an inside track to what Donald Trump is thinking. I keep forgetting you guys are either psychic or have Trump under extreme surveillance.

Why do you think Trump deleted his tweets in support of Strange when he didn't win?

To show support for the Republican who did win, of course.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Isn't it sad that you had to spell that out?

Having read so many of TJ's posts, this person isn't stupid. This person sometimes comes up with some good analysis. But the hatred this person decides to allow to dominate his/her thinking, just about everything he/she posts is severely marginalized. Such as waste of neural function.

Starman

I was unaware that you have an inside track to what Donald Trump is thinking. I keep forgetting you guys are either psychic or have Trump under extreme surveillance.

I look at the situation objectively. Strange was backed by Rove and the pro-amnesty Chamber of Commerce. Neither were/are on-board with Trump's agenda. Luther Strange was part of the swamp, you know that thing that Trump wants to drain. No question about that.

Moore, OTOH, was/is a fervent supporter of Trump's agenda, tailor-made for the MAGA movement. Congressional republicans enjoy 95% incumbency rates in elections and generally understand they will outlast the president, even if he serves 8 years and is term-limited out. So it makes sense that McConnell (and people generally anti-Trump) wouldn't want Moore. It makes zero sense for Trump to have supported Strange, unless he got something in return or expected to get something in return. This is simple logic.

To show support for the Republican who did win, of course.

Of course. "I like candidates who win."

Starman

If this were true, you'd understand and accept that Trump endorsed Strange in the primary.

I understand that. Where have I suggested otherwise?

And if you were able to give the situation just a modicum of thought, you'd understand that there is no reason whatsoever -- none -- for him to have endorsed Strange without expecting (or having received something) in return for that endorsement given what I've outlined above.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I understand that. Where have I suggested otherwise?

And if you were able to give the situation just a modicum of thought, you'd understand that there is no reason whatsoever -- none -- for him to have endorsed Strange without expecting (or having received something) in return for that endorsement given what I've outlined above.

You asked where you have suggested that, then go on and suggest just that. What evidence do you have that Trump endorsed Strange for any other reason than that's who he wanted in the senate?

Starman

You asked where you have suggested that, then go on and suggest just that. What evidence do you have that Trump endorsed Strange for any other reason than that's who he wanted in the senate?

As I said, a modicum of thought. Give it a try sometime.

Ask yourself: did Strange support anything Trump has been advocating for? Did Moore? Think it through and apply some basic logic. Usually when someone endorses someone for a Senate or House seat, it's because they are aligned in their agenda. They understand they can work together towards the same end. What sorts of agenda items did Trump and Strange have in common?

PsyOps

Pixelated
As I said, a modicum of thought. Give it a try sometime.

Ask yourself: did Strange support anything Trump has been advocating for? Did Moore? Think it through and apply some basic logic. Usually when someone endorses someone for a Senate or House seat, it's because they are aligned in their agenda. They understand they can work together towards the same end. What sorts of agenda items did Trump and Strange have in common?

You can attempt to insult me all you want... Trump had an opportunity to endorse Moore, yet he chose Strange. You have yet to explain why. You larger than "a modicum of thought" has yet to explain why. You can make all the claims until you're blue in the face that Strange wasn't a Trump guy, Trump still endorsed him. That is a fact!