Boneless Turkey Thighs

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Has anybody seen boneless turkey thighs in any of the local grocery stores?
If so, which store?
Thanks

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Has anybody seen boneless turkey thighs in any of the local grocery stores?
If so, which store?
Thanks

Just to let all you helpful forumites out there.
If you are looking for specialty meat products, you can call the Giant Meat/Seafood department manager and he will order or try and get what you would like.

Worked for me.
They are not boneless, but they will be in the store in a couple days for pick up.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
:shrug: Buy bone-in thighs and de-bone them. 2 minutes of effort and far cheaper.

That is what I ordered.
If you are looking for specialty meat products, you can call the Giant Meat/Seafood department manager and he will order or try and get what you would like.

Worked for me.
They are not boneless, but they will be in the store in a couple days for pick up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it's sad that we only eat turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Whole turkey was cheap protein when I was a poor Army wife, so I would frequently roast one up and keep it in the fridge for casseroles, sandwiches, and just to pick at. I'm a big fan of roast turkey.

SamSpade

I think it's sad that we only eat turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Whole turkey was cheap protein when I was a poor Army wife, so I would frequently roast one up and keep it in the fridge for casseroles, sandwiches, and just to pick at. I'm a big fan of roast turkey.

We have an extra freezer in our garage, and we used to buy a whole side of beef or a whole hog.
Nowadays, it holds mostly all the serious bargain meat I've seen - when there's a sale, I fill the cart.

BUT -

Around Thanksgiving, I buy a few extra turkeys. I have a good friend who occasionally deep fries them, and he's gotten really good at it.
Around St. Pattie's Day, I always buy a lot of extra corned beef (since it's anywhere from 40-60% cheaper then).
I love corned beef, but not enough to pay steak prices for brined cheap cuts of meat.

So right now it has about five turkeys, eight corned beef, a lot of chicken breast and thighs and whatever cut up whole hog we still have.

lovinmaryland

Yum looks good!

We do the same thing. Its $.47 a lb. at food lion right now so I bought 4 of them. I'm cooking two for thanksgiving and then the other two i'll cook later on. I've been smoking them a lot lately also and they are excellent that way.