Well Better LATE Then Never

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
20 YEARS LATE: Vox Columnist Admits Bill Clinton Should Have Resigned Over Sex Scandals

The Democrats aimed at Roy Moore, but Bill Clinton was standing in their way.

So Bill Clinton is now a smoldering husk of humanity.

After Hillary Clinton’s presidential loss, it became both convenient and useful to discard her alleged sexual predator spouse — a man the media feted repeatedly last year as a halcyon of decency. Now, Bill could safely be relegated to the semen-stained ashbin of history.

And so Bill Clinton has become the Barry Bonds of politics: a once-celebrated superhero, now disgraced. This week, a New York Times columnist said she believed Juanita Broaddrick, who first accused Clinton of rape some 25 years ago; The Atlantic also ran a better think piece talking about Clinton’s status as a suspected predator.

Now, it’s the execrable Matt Yglesias at Vox.com, in a 2000-word essay about just why Clinton should have resigned from office in 1998.

[clip]

Ygelsias says that Republicans shouldn’t have bothered going after Clinton for perjury. Instead, they should have used the feminist line that Lewinsky had been cudgeled into her affair — they should have said that Clinton’s seduction of Lewinsky was “morally bankrupt and contributing, in a meaningful way, to a serious social problem that disadvantages millions of women throughout their lives.” Which, of course, wouldn’t have worked, since the Left at the time suggested that Monica was a slut who wanted Bill, not a victimized innocent pressured by the most powerful man on Earth. Had the Right suggested that Bill used his superior position to get Lewinsky to service him, the Left immediately would have called them sexist for depriving Lewinsky of “agency.” That’s the beautiful convenience of Leftist sexual morality: it’s utterly malleable to the political needs of the moment.

so is the Clinton Dynasty Finally Finished

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
VOX is wrong. Clinton should have resigned because of felony obstruction of justice and perjury under oath.

Sapidus

so is the Clinton Dynasty Finally Finished

You do understand the difference between an adult woman consenting and a 14 year told don’t you?

He should have resigned for lying under oath but his private sexual matters are of no concern to anyone but him Hillary and Monica. Why anyone cares who has sex with who is baffling

This_person

You do understand the difference between an adult woman consenting and a 14 year told don’t you?

He should have resigned for lying under oath but his private sexual matters are of no concern to anyone but him Hillary and Monica. Why anyone cares who has sex with who is baffling

See, no one said his intern was 14. The point was that now even Democrats admit that his extra-marital affairs were inappropriate, meaning the Clintons do not seem to have the same clout they once did.

Again, you are fighting against a point no one made, to feel victorious for winning an argument no one had.

littlelady

God bless the USA
See, no one said his intern was 14. The point was that now even Democrats admit that his extra-marital affairs were inappropriate, meaning the Clintons do not seem to have the same clout they once did.

Again, you are fighting against a point no one made, to feel victorious for winning an argument no one had.

Love your rebuttal. And, it seems, now, that their so self-esteemed demigod, Bill Clinton, has been put out with the trash. Funny, how they didn’t see him for a predator when they should have. What I do know is that you have to be a hypocrite to be a Democrat. Period.

And, sad to say that we have elected some Repubs that are Democrats. America is in a world of hurt. God bless Her.

I was taught that Lincoln, our first Repub prez freed the slaves, but, apparently, he didn’t fully succeed/secede/whatever. What a crock of you know our country has become. I can’t stand to listen to the news, anymore. It is maddening. Whatever will be, will be. American voters go out to vote, but then the very people they vote for are against Americans. It is a no win situation. The swamp was deeper and more murky than we thought, and the alligator population is more ‘yuge’ than we thought. Chomp, chomp! :jet: Go Trump 2020! :patriot:

Last edited:

Sapidus

Read the first sentence of the article again smart guy.

SamSpade

Read the first sentence of the article again smart guy.

Bill Clinton was standing in their way?

That's kind of the point. The Democrats want to hang Moore out to dry over sex, but the elephant in the room is Bill.
So in a very conveniently timed mea culpa - they decide NOW that he should have left, somehow believing it clears the obvious hypocrisy.

And for all the remarks made about Trump, it defies reason that Bill's behavior in the White House - and not just Lewinsky - is somehow excusable.
Somehow, Trump's blunt remarks are unstatesmanlike, but getting a blow job while on the phone with foreign dignitaries is ok, because it's his business.

Hijinx

I certainly do not believe that sex with a 14 YO is acceptable, but I have known some 14 YO's that were more mature in their thinking than some 19 YO's that I know.
I haven't spent all day investigating Judge Moore's actions, but the rape charges seem a little severe.
Maybe I missed it. Did any one of the women who accuse him say that he actually had penetrating sex with them?
I have caught the accusations that he groped them ( and I don't accept that as right) but I haven't seen where he actually had full on sex with any of them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I'm so glad you see RAPE as a consensual thing .... but to Lewinsky

HE WAS HER BOSS - TOP FEDERAL EMPLOYEE SUPERVISORS DO NOT CONSORT WITH UNDERLINGS