13 YO flown out from a fight at Esperanza

BernieP

Resident PIA
13 YO girl flown out this morning. Looks like there was a fight at Esperanza.. Two girls charged in the incident. Call me racist but I bet I know what went down.. 2 on 1..
https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4266...enter-after-fight-at-esperanza-middle-school/

how do you get charged with only assault second degree after you kicked someone in the head and sent them to the hospital.
That's what they charge when one person simply pushes the other, or grabs them harshly.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, getting flown out isnt any real indication of level of injury these days. But still, kicking another kid in the head, thats pretty crazy stuff.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
how do you get charged with only assault second degree after you kicked someone in the head and sent them to the hospital.
That's what they charge when one person simply pushes the other, or grabs them harshly.

It's early. Let's wait and see if the victim survives, and if she does, how much brain damage she has.

inkah

because they are "just girls"

same kind of thing happened a few years ago when some middle school fires were set

mAlice

professional daydreamer
How the heck do you determine brain damage on an individual who is already lacking?

Well, let's start with: I don't know who the girls are, who started it, if the victim tried to avoid the conflict...for all I know, she was pushed down and kicked.

Now, if it was truly two thugs going at it, then oops. My bad.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, let's start with: I don't know who the girls are, who started it, if the victim tried to avoid the conflict...for all I know, she was pushed down and kicked. Now, if it was truly two thugs going at it, then oops. My bad.

I heard a she was stabbed. Not sure how true that is.

3CATSAILOR

13 YO girl flown out this morning. Looks like there was a fight at Esperanza.. Two girls charged in the incident. Call me racist but I bet I know what went down.. 2 on 1..
https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4266...enter-after-fight-at-esperanza-middle-school/

St. Mary's County Board of Education had a Superintendent's Safety & Security Committee for slightly over 20 years. The current Safety & Security Director disbanded the primary part of this Committee that involved members of the Community such as you or me. It also involved emergency service folks, etc. However, 90% were folks from their own schools. Anyone from the Community was substantially outnumbered by school personnel. I was a member until they disbanded it. They elected to keep a "Child's" version of this Committee instead of an "adult" version. Yes, you read it correctly. Children. I guess the idea is they figure it is their schools. Let them control their destiny or something like that. I can see how well it is working.

Years ago at Great Mills High School there was a child nearly "killed" by another teen. The Community, parent and media attention at the time was more than the "politically correct" school system could handle. Therefore, they created a Sub Committee of the Board of Education Safety and Security Committee to specifically examine what went wrong and how to correct it in the future. I will never forget it. - Instead of creating a stronger, better, more proactive disciplinary system, they completely watered down the existing one they had. This in turn created an even further unsafe environment for both the students and the teachers. You will notice over the years several schools have had changes in Principals. This isn't by accident. The Safety and Security Department of the Board of Education has a SIGNIFICANT budget of "your" tax dollars. Do you think they are spending it wisely? Trying asking them where it goes and for what purpose? And then follow the money and see where it actually goes. Anyhow, you have the idea. As for our schools, I predict this type of terrible harm to a child is just the beginning. There are this type of "bullies" if you want to call them that in pretty much all of the schools. The schools know exactly who they are. Don't forget, we have police is pretty much every school. This goes to show you what shape our PUBLIC schools are in these days that we require cops in our schools. Bring on the Charter and private schools. Do you see any cops in those schools? Nope. Will you? Nope. The public schools are all about Unions. Yes, the teachers care about the kids for the most part. But, the Unions are their backbone. It's all about money. And the unfortunate children get caught somewhere in the middle. 99% of these kids want a good education. When the BOE leaves thugs in class along with those that want to learn, it doesn't work. We told them that. They simply don't care. So you see, the Merry Go Around well just continue to spin until another kid gets hurt or even killed. And yes, I predict a child being killed in one of our schools is certainly a possibility. And yes, that's quite horrible to say. But, what I know of our kids does meet the possibility of this profile. For example, look at the Psychologists they have hired. What might that tell you? And by the way, while I am at it, isn't this week education week or something like that? Disgusting. Truly disgusting. They celebrate some type of education week while a "child" is flown out. I am not sure what that is all about. I hope that our schools improve. We have great teachers that do a tough job. The BOE owes it to them and to the students that want to learn to get the "thugs" out of our schools. Without asking for the name of the student ask the BOE if the student was expelled or not? And ask how many times the student has been in trouble. I got a feeling you might be surprised.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
The disciplinary policies of SMCPS has been "politically correct" for at least 20 years. From no fault suspensions to principals sending kids back to class.
The rule was and probably still is, if your child is "involved" in a fight, they are automatically suspended.
That means if there is a brawl and your child is overrun by a mob, they are suspended.
If your child is the victim of an attack, they are suspended.

On the flip side, several principals back, a teacher related that they were told not to send people to the office for discipline as it made the school look bad.
All that would happen is the child will be sent back to you and your performance appraisal will reflect your inability to control your students.
You have to remember, the typical principal makes at least 2 to 3 times what the class room teacher does, so they have to know more.

awpitt

Main Streeter
St. Mary's County Board of Education had a Superintendent's Safety & Security Committee for slightly over 20 years. The current Safety & Security Director disbanded the primary part of this Committee that involved members of the Community such as you or me. It also involved emergency service folks, etc. However, 90% were folks from their own schools. Anyone from the Community was substantially outnumbered by school personnel. I was a member until they disbanded it. They elected to keep a "Child's" version of this Committee instead of an "adult" version. Yes, you read it correctly. Children. I guess the idea is they figure it is their schools. Let them control their destiny or something like that. I can see how well it is working.

Years ago at Great Mills High School there was a child nearly "killed" by another teen. The Community, parent and media attention at the time was more than the "politically correct" school system could handle. Therefore, they created a Sub Committee of the Board of Education Safety and Security Committee to specifically examine what went wrong and how to correct it in the future. I will never forget it. - Instead of creating a stronger, better, more proactive disciplinary system, they completely watered down the existing one they had. This in turn created an even further unsafe environment for both the students and the teachers. You will notice over the years several schools have had changes in Principals. This isn't by accident. The Safety and Security Department of the Board of Education has a SIGNIFICANT budget of "your" tax dollars. Do you think they are spending it wisely? Trying asking them where it goes and for what purpose? And then follow the money and see where it actually goes. Anyhow, you have the idea. As for our schools, I predict this type of terrible harm to a child is just the beginning. There are this type of "bullies" if you want to call them that in pretty much all of the schools. The schools know exactly who they are. Don't forget, we have police is pretty much every school. This goes to show you what shape our PUBLIC schools are in these days that we require cops in our schools. Bring on the Charter and private schools. Do you see any cops in those schools? Nope. Will you? Nope. The public schools are all about Unions. Yes, the teachers care about the kids for the most part. But, the Unions are their backbone. It's all about money. And the unfortunate children get caught somewhere in the middle. 99% of these kids want a good education. When the BOE leaves thugs in class along with those that want to learn, it doesn't work. We told them that. They simply don't care. So you see, the Merry Go Around well just continue to spin until another kid gets hurt or even killed. And yes, I predict a child being killed in one of our schools is certainly a possibility. And yes, that's quite horrible to say. But, what I know of our kids does meet the possibility of this profile. For example, look at the Psychologists they have hired. What might that tell you? And by the way, while I am at it, isn't this week education week or something like that? Disgusting. Truly disgusting. They celebrate some type of education week while a "child" is flown out. I am not sure what that is all about. I hope that our schools improve. We have great teachers that do a tough job. The BOE owes it to them and to the students that want to learn to get the "thugs" out of our schools. Without asking for the name of the student ask the BOE if the student was expelled or not? And ask how many times the student has been in trouble. I got a feeling you might be surprised.

Would be interested in any links you might have to support your assertions here. I'm not disputing what you say here but would like to see where you got from. Especially the budget stuff you mentioned.

PeoplesElbow

The disciplinary policies of SMCPS has been "politically correct" for at least 20 years. From no fault suspensions to principals sending kids back to class.
The rule was and probably still is, if your child is "involved" in a fight, they are automatically suspended.
That means if there is a brawl and your child is overrun by a mob, they are suspended.
If your child is the victim of an attack, they are suspended.

On the flip side, several principals back, a teacher related that they were told not to send people to the office for discipline as it made the school look bad.
All that would happen is the child will be sent back to you and your performance appraisal will reflect your inability to control your students.
You have to remember, the typical principal makes at least 2 to 3 times what the class room teacher does, so they have to know more.

When I was in high school a student punched the principal, maybe the principal should have also been suspended in that case.

Baker12

Sending your child to a school in the SMCPS is a form of parental cruelty, and the child should be removed from the house.

My son is a 7th grader at Margaret Brent Middle School. The bullying is out of control, and the teachers and administrators do nothing about it. There is no control in classrooms, teacher moral is low. Something MUST be done!!!!

awpitt

Main Streeter
My son is a 7th grader at Margaret Brent Middle School. The bullying is out of control, and the teachers and administrators do nothing about it. There is no control in classrooms, teacher moral is low. Something MUST be done!!!!

And what would that something be? I mean, if you were the superintendent, what would you do?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
And what would that something be? I mean, if you were the superintendent, what would you do?

I assume you think it should be left alone to continue or deny that it happening.
If not what would you do?

I believe in vouchers to get children out of ####hole schools......that’s what I would do.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

I would say make some of these teachers accountable. Get some damn discipline in the school. If the present Principal can't handle it then get someone in there that can.. If my kid was being bullied, you can bet your bippie I would be there every day until it was fixed.. No place for that today.. For the teachers to just throw their hands up and say Oh well is unacceptable.