Food

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Almost Thanksgiving, and everyone is looking at food/ideas. So I thought I'd start a thread, since I tried something new, and hoping for other ideas.

Going to my uncles for T-day. Last time I went, ( we missed last year) I made a Hummingbird Cake. There was too much food there, so I thought that I'd put a basket together this year, so when the celebration is over, they can sit back and relax, with a basket full of goodies. I'm also adding home made stuff, my own dried herbs, and stuff like that.

Anyway, my first contribution to the thread is Irish Porter Cheese. It's too pretty to not put in a gift basket, and has a nice, sharp bite.

The basket I'm building is still not full, so looking forward to seeing what you've tried recently, or what your old go-to is.

Attachments

• porter.JPG
    porter.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 339

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I picked it up at Kroger, but it looks like you can order it from several places on line. I think Publix carries it, too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Try to drop mine off early; will be traveling for Thanksgiving. :yay:

Our "contributions" to the family Thanksgiving feast at Mom's are the same every year. I take down and prepare one of my country hams, and we take about 12 quarts of oysters with us for stew, Rockefeller/Oregano, deep fried, etc.

That cheese mAlice posted up sure does look interesting....I come from a family of cheese fanatics, with a brother-in-law that makes an array of wines. Have to try that one.

Last edited:

Bobwhite

Almost Thanksgiving, and everyone is looking at food/ideas. So I thought I'd start a thread, since I tried something new, and hoping for other ideas.

Going to my uncles for T-day. Last time I went, ( we missed last year) I made a Hummingbird Cake. There was too much food there, so I thought that I'd put a basket together this year, so when the celebration is over, they can sit back and relax, with a basket full of goodies. I'm also adding home made stuff, my own dried herbs, and stuff like that.

Anyway, my first contribution to the thread is Irish Porter Cheese. It's too pretty to not put in a gift basket, and has a nice, sharp bite.

The basket I'm building is still not full, so looking forward to seeing what you've tried recently, or what your old go-to is.

I've been thinking about putting together some small baskets to give friends for Christmas. I thought I'd start with a box of Harry and David's Pears and split it up for several baskets. They are so good and I'll bet that they would pair nicely with that cheese.

I haven't figured out what else I'm going to put in my baskets.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've been thinking about putting together some small baskets to give friends for Christmas. I thought I'd start with a box of Harry and David's Pears and split it up for several baskets. They are so good and I'll bet that they would pair nicely with that cheese.

I haven't figured out what else I'm going to put in my baskets.

I might try a baked pear recipe, but I'm not crazy about raw pears. It does sound like a good "pearing", though!