'Feminasty' Columnist in WaPo: Democrats Should Stay Even If They Sexually Assaulted Women

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Feminasty' Columnist in WaPo: Democrats Should Stay Even If They Sexually Assaulted Women

Instead, they all called for a Senate ethics investigation against Franken, a do-nothing measure meant to save his career (hell, even Franken called for an investigation against himself). And now, some feminists are rushing to Franken’s defense, the exact same way they rushed to Bill Clinton’s defense in 1998. Back then, uber-feminist Nina Burleigh said that she’d be happy to give Clinton oral sex to keep abortion legal. Now, feminists say they’d be willing to watch Franken grab the breasts of unsuspecting unconscious women so long as he does the same.

Exhibit A: self-proclaimed radical feminist Kate Harding, co-editor of “Nasty Women: Feminism, Resistance, and Revolution in Trump’s America,” and co-host of the podcast Feminasty, which sounds like a pleasant listen. She has an op-ed in today’s Washington Post in which she declares, “I’m a feminist. I study rape culture. And I don’t want Al Franken to resign.”

Why not, pray tell? Well, because she’s a partisan hack:

Cynics on both the right and left will presume I am passing by this particular steam tray on 2017’s smorgasbord of feminist outrage because Franken is a Democrat, and so am I. (I was even his proud constituent for two years.) In the most superficial sense, this is true. But it’s meaningless to say it’s because I am a Democrat without asking why I am a Democrat. If you understand what it means to be a Democrat today — that is, why it makes sense to vote blue over red in this highly polarized political environment — you can understand why it might not make the most sense to demand Franken’s resignation, effective immediately.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's all about the party. Nevermind that their beloved party has never actually done anything beneficial for them.

Hijinx

They don't want anyone to resign who will vote the way they want them to vote.
Al Franken could have sex with his mother and they would protect him as long as he voted to let them kill their infants.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Al Franken could have sex with his mother and they would protect him as long as he voted to let them kill their infants.

Isn't that bizarre?? Because they definitely are all about abortion. It's the be all, end all for them. I don't understand why this single issue is the most important thing in their lives.

littlelady

God bless the USA
How might this be any different from your mentality and the mentality of all those like you on here?

You all are no different...not one damn bit.

There is a difference. You have to be a certifed hypocrite to be a member of the libprog party. Period. I do like one Dem, Joe Manchin. That’s all.

Story: My father was an only child. He grew up to be a conservative conceived from liberal parents. They thought Franklin D had hung the moon. They had a political rift all of their lives. I was young, but, now, that I am older and wiser, it is sad to think about. All the nice fam memories missed. That is how I think of our Gov, today. They refuse to get along, and work for the people. They are in it for themselves (minus a few).

And, yes, even though I am a conservative, I dislike more than one Repub, but it is the party I will stay with because I don’t like the liberal agenda. In a perfect world, politicians would, actually, do their job when elected; as in working for the people. Oh well, our world is not perfect by any stretch; pun intended.

Last edited:

Hijinx

How might this be any different from your mentality and the mentality of all those like you on here?

You all are no different...not one damn bit.

I deny that, but I will point out that you are no different from the snowflakes who support Al Franken.
You ARE what you accuse others of being.
No different.