Anyone shot one of these carbines?

black dog

Free America
I've seen them, what your posting is like the CAA RONI Carbine kits. Seems like a go around for SBRing a full size without the stamp.
But to answer your question, I've never shot one, nor have I seen one being shot...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It seems like a nice option for a pack rifle, at first glance. My current pack combo is an Alaskan guide gun in .45 Colt and a Ruger revolver in same caliber.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I looked at one of those a while back. Haven't fired one though.

The price doesnt seem worth it considering the lower receivers cost and reliability is on you.

I don't think it would suffice for a brown bear or other dangerous game but for anything else...

I'm looking at one of the 2nd Gen of these... https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/sub-2000

kel-tec-sub-2000-gen-2-9mm-glock-17-mag.jpg

black dog

Free America
It seems like a nice option for a pack rifle, at first glance. My current pack combo is an Alaskan guide gun in .45 Colt and a Ruger revolver in same caliber.

I carry a 2 1/2" Super Redhawk ( Alaskan ) when I go up high with my brother.
Mines in 454 Casull, it's very uncomfortable to shoot. I've shot long Colt and Schofield brass much more than Casull out of it.

Is yours factory chambered in Long Colt? I've never seen one in just Long Colt.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I carry a 2 1/2" Super Redhawk ( Alaskan ) when I go up high with my brother.
Mines in 454 Casull, it's very uncomfortable to shoot. I've shot long Colt and Schofield brass much more than Casull out of it.

Is yours factory chambered in Long Colt? I've never seen one in just Long Colt.

I looked at one of those in the gun case at a local shop. 2-1/2" 454 really didn't seem like a good idea to me.

Out of curiosity, have you fired it in low/no light? I'm wondering what the flash is like. :lmao:

black dog

Free America
I looked at one of those in the gun case at a local shop. 2-1/2" 454 really didn't seem like a good idea to me.

Out of curiosity, have you fired it in low/no light? I'm wondering what the flash is like. :lmao:

It's better than a 6" 44 mag.. I have a couple of factory compensated Glocks ( 19C & 23C ) at dusk or night when you shoot them with people behind you... Everybody goes WTF are you shooting?

20171118_090441.jpg

My roomies brother shoots a 480 and a 500 S&W.... No thanks....

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's better than a 6" 44 mag.. I have a couple of factory compensated Glocks ( 19C & 23C ) at dusk or night when you shoot them with people behind you... Everybody goes WTF are you shooting?
My roomies brother shoots a 480 and a 500 S&W.... No thanks....

Agreed. I never got the "Bigger is better" bug for the Mega-Magnums. Friend of mine really enjoy the .460 S&W. I'll pass.

I load my own .357 for two rifles and three different handguns.

I loaded some upper end for one of the rifles, it shoots great in my older marlin, and tried them out one cloudy day in my GP100. ( Not a rifle-only load, but it was the high end. )

I got a "WTF" from a few folks myself! Including a .44 S-Redhawk shooter in the lane next to me.

Not something I'll put in a handgun again but it WAS bright.

black dog

Free America
Agreed. I never got the "Bigger is better" bug for the Mega-Magnums. Friend of mine really enjoy the .460 S&W. I'll pass.

I load my own .357 for two rifles and three different handguns.

I loaded some upper end for one of the rifles, it shoots great in my older marlin, and tried them out one cloudy day in my GP100. ( Not a rifle-only load, but it was the high end. )

I got a "WTF" from a few folks myself! Including a .44 S-Redhawk shooter in the lane next to me.

Not something I'll put in a handgun again but it WAS bright.

I have a S&W mod 53 in 22 Jet... It's fun to shoot at a indoor range, folks think your loading a 22 LR up ... Until you shoot it.. it's really really loud and it puts out a 3' flame..
Next time I'm in the right vault I'll take a few pics of a 10 1/2" 44 Blackhawk I blew up 30 years ago..

black dog

Free America
My Alaskan long rifle (breakdown, large loop, lever action) ?...yes, it's only Long Colt. My Ruger will shoot .45 ACP or .45 "Long" Colt.

Now I habla,. I assumed a Ruger Redhawk Alaskan revolver.....

In your Ruger you can shoot Schofield ammo also. It's the same as long Colt, just shorter.