H+ Still Clueless - Water Still Wet

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took a shot at President Donald Trump while speaking at a Clinton Foundation event on Saturday.

While speaking about the peace process in Northern Ireland during her husband’s first term, Hillary bragged that Bill Clinton didn’t tweet about challenges facing his presidency.

“He didn’t tweet about it, he got to work about it and he actually got it done,” she said to applause from the audience.

[ OK WAIT FOR IT ]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/18/h...on-didnt-tweet-about-challenges-as-president/

Twitter was Founded in 2006

:jet:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Twitter was Founded in 2006

I think she was being rhetorical in that Bill wasn't out there bashing anyone and everyone that criticized him. Of course, Bill violates the long-standing tradition of past president shutting up about sitting presidents; as does Obama and Carter. Liberals just can't help themselves when their hatred gets the best of them.

Hijinx

I think she was being rhetorical in that Bill wasn't out there bashing anyone and everyone that criticized him. Of course, Bill violates the long-standing tradition of past president shutting up about sitting presidents; as does Obama and Carter. Liberals just can't help themselves when their hatred gets the best of them.

Does anyone know the mission statement of the Clinton Foundation?
I mean who do they help and when?
How is the money spent and on what?
Is it merely political or does it have some sort of Charitable purpose?

Clinton speaking before a Clinton Foundation event.
The event:The former first lady made the comment while speaking at an event commemorating the 25th anniversary of Bill’s victory in the 1992 presidential election.

So that is their function. Bragging on Bubba winning an election?

I mean WTF do they do with the money? How the hell do they qualify as a tax exempt organization?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

A NYT Op-Ed writer has changed his spots on Bill Clinton. What if Ken Starr was right?

But a moment of reassessment is a good time to reassess things for yourself, so I spent this week reading about the lost world of the 1990s. I skimmed the Starr Report. I leafed through books by George Stephanopoulos and Joe Klein and Michael Isikoff. I dug into Troopergate and Whitewater and other first-term scandals. I reacquainted myself with Gennifer Flowers and Webb Hubbell, James Riady and Marc Rich.

After doing all this reading, I’m not sure my reasonable middle ground is actually reasonable. It may be that the conservatives of the 1990s were simply right about Clinton, that once he failed to resign he really deserved to be impeached.

Baker12

Pay for ugly child's wedding
Line their pockets
and of course, as Bernie noted, the most important part of the Foundation
Get Slick's Willy wet

SamSpade

“He didn’t tweet about it, he got to work about it and he actually got it done,” she said to applause from the audience.

While all the time whining about the "previous twelve years of Republican administration".
I mean, WHERE DO YOU THINK the "it's Bush's fault" crap came from?
I swear he couldn't say hello without uttering that phrase.

And frankly - a lot of "stuff" he got done, he got done because a newly Republican congress MADE him do it.
Ending welfare "as we know it"?
The government was shut down over - do you remember? - a pledge to balance the budget in seven years, which he refused to agree to.
*HE* wasn't the force getting things done.

SamSpade

:gossip:

In Hil's Empty head, and the empty heads of Progressives Everywhere - Revisionist History

just like 'Clinton balanced the budget, Bush Squandered it'

I could probably go all day on THAT topic - under his administration, we came closest to balancing the budget as we have in years, but only on paper -
I don't see it as balancing the budget when total debt STILL goes up.
I don't see it as particularly praiseworthy when he got to that point kicking and screaming because he didn't want to do it, and wasn't much part of the proposals to do so.
If anyone gets the credit for that, it would be the first set of GOP Congresses the country hadn't seen since before I was born.
Amazingly, it was a goal of theirs that got them elected.

I'm similarly unexcited about the claims from "Re-Inventing Government" which despite buy-outs and such - most of the reduction came from that favorite target of the left -
the Department of Defense.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I could probably go all day on THAT topic - under his administration, we came closest to balancing the budget as we have in years, but only on paper -

IIRC the only reason the budget 'looked good' on paper Democrats were including SSI Monies collected as part of the Revenue ...

[or some other budgetary smoke and mirrors]

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Hillary 2020.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
From the website

"The mission of the Clinton Global Initiative is to turn ideas into action." (From the website)

Like obama's idea of fundamentally transforming America, and Clinton helped it happen?

Like the idea of lying about a "film" that caused four Americans, including the ambassador to Libya, to die with no attempt at a rescue misson?

Like the idea of using numerous unauthorized, unsecured, personal servers and electronic devices to try and hide personal actions from the govt and people?

Like the idea, and execution, of selling off 1/4 of all uranium in the US to Russia for about $250 million into the clinton account?

Like putting those kinds of ideas into action?

Last edited: