Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H+ Still Clueless - Water Still Wet

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    *HE* wasn't the force getting things done.

In Hil's Empty head, and the empty heads of Progressives Everywhere - Revisionist History

just like 'Clinton balanced the budget, Bush Squandered it'
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

In Hil's Empty head, and the empty heads of Progressives Everywhere - Revisionist History

just like 'Clinton balanced the budget, Bush Squandered it'
    I could probably go all day on THAT topic - under his administration, we came closest to balancing the budget as we have in years, but only on paper -
    I don't see it as balancing the budget when total debt STILL goes up.
    I don't see it as particularly praiseworthy when he got to that point kicking and screaming because he didn't want to do it, and wasn't much part of the proposals to do so.
    If anyone gets the credit for that, it would be the first set of GOP Congresses the country hadn't seen since before I was born.
    Amazingly, it was a goal of theirs that got them elected.

I'm similarly unexcited about the claims from "Re-Inventing Government" which despite buy-outs and such - most of the reduction came from that favorite target of the left -
    the Department of Defense.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I could probably go all day on THAT topic - under his administration, we came closest to balancing the budget as we have in years, but only on paper -

IIRC the only reason the budget 'looked good' on paper Democrats were including SSI Monies collected as part of the Revenue ...

[or some other budgetary smoke and mirrors]
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Name:  Hillary 2020.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  33.0 KB
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Name:  Hillary 2020.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  33.0 KB
    :

. If there is a God, Hillary will not ever be prez. Sheesh, snap out of Hill! It’s getting really old!

Maybe, she will be prez of the 2nd planet she talks about. :
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    From the website
    "The mission of the Clinton Global Initiative is to turn ideas into action." (From the website)

Like obama's idea of fundamentally transforming America, and Clinton helped it happen?

Like the idea of lying about a "film" that caused four Americans, including the ambassador to Libya, to die with no attempt at a rescue misson?

Like the idea of using numerous unauthorized, unsecured, personal servers and electronic devices to try and hide personal actions from the govt and people?

Like the idea, and execution, of selling off 1/4 of all uranium in the US to Russia for about $250 million into the clinton account?

Like putting those kinds of ideas into action?
    Last edited by b23hqb; 11-24-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 53