Moore was a democrat

PsyOps

Pixelated
Rush Limbaugh: Roy Moore was a Democrat ‘when a lot of this was going on’

“Did you know that before 1992 when a lot of this was going on that Judge Moore was a Democrat?” Mr. Limbaugh said. “How about all these people now saying, ‘Oh, yeah, yeah, everybody here knew about Judge Moore. Oh-ho-ho, yeah, good old boy we’ve known about Judge Moore for a long time.’ While he was a Democrat. Nobody said a word. When he supposedly was attracted to inappropriately aged girls, he was a Democrat. For what it’s worth.”

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Wikipedia (if you trust them) confirms Rush's allegation.

Elections and travels

Moore soon moved to the district attorney's office, working as the first full-time prosecutor in Etowah County. During his tenure there, Moore was investigated by the state bar for "suspect conduct" after convening a grand jury to examine what he perceived to have been funding shortages in the sheriff's office. Several weeks after the state bar investigation was dismissed as unfounded, Moore quit his prosecuting position to run as a Democrat for the county's circuit-court judge seat in 1982. The election was bitter, with Moore alleging that cases were being delayed in exchange for payoffs. The allegations were never substantiated. Moore overwhelmingly lost the Democratic runoff primary to fellow attorney Donald Stewart, whom Moore described as "an honorable man for whom I have much respect, (who) eventually became a close friend".[20] A second bar complaint against Moore followed, which was dismissed as unfounded. Moore left Gadsden shortly thereafter to live for a year in Australia.[23][24]

Moore returned to Gadsden again in 1985. He ran in 1986 for Etowah County's district attorney position against fellow Democrat Jimmy Hedgspeth. Losing once more, Moore returned to private practice in the city. In 1985, he married Kayla Kisor, 14 years his junior.[25] In 1992, Moore switched his affiliation to the GOP.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That explains why they're going after him so hard... he's an apostate.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't know what is true or not true - but the guy was on the Alabama Supreme Court for all these years and no one ever gave a hootenanny. :rolleyes:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't know what is true or not true - but the guy was on the Alabama Supreme Court for all these years and no one ever gave a hootenanny. :rolleyes:

I have a theory bordering on "conspiracy".
It goes like this, everyone has some dirt in their past, nothing terrible, but something you did that in hindsight wasn't your best decision.
If you turn up the lights, and have money and access, you can not only find that dirt, but exploit it, plant the story, plant the idea and watch it grow.

Republican or Democrat, all the same, the power elite. If someone professes to want to crash their party, to buck the system, all that money and power goes to work to discredit them.

Not a fan of Trump, but the dossier is a case in point. Made up dirt, it's been discredited. But the Obama administration used that dossier to unmask people and now the special prosecutor is using it to dig into the past of Trump associates. He did find collusion with Russia, but he found something he could file criminal charges on. Now he can leverage them, try and coerce them to testify for him.

As one person said, if you don't think there was Russian meddling in the election you're a fool. But it's not what people want to hear, it's online agitators creating a strawman and whipping up a crowd, then encouraging a violent anti-rally.

All the resist and protests have done is keep the divide and that's what they wanted, destabilize the process.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It goes like this, everyone has some dirt in their past, nothing terrible, but something you did that in hindsight wasn't your best decision.
If you turn up the lights, and have money and access, you can not only find that dirt, but exploit it, plant the story, plant the idea and watch it grow.

Republican or Democrat, all the same, the power elite. If someone professes to want to crash their party, to buck the system, all that money and power goes to work to discredit them.

Not a fan of Trump, but the dossier is a case in point. Made up dirt, it's been discredited. But the Obama administration used that dossier to unmask people and now the special prosecutor is using it to dig into the past of Trump associates. He did find collusion with Russia, but he found something he could file criminal charges on. Now he can leverage them, try and coerce them to testify for him.

As one person said, if you don't think there was Russian meddling in the election you're a fool. But it's not what people want to hear, it's online agitators creating a strawman and whipping up a crowd, then encouraging a violent anti-rally.

All the resist and protests have done is keep the divide and that's what they wanted, destabilize the process.

:yay: Wow. Excellent post. If you had posted this reply, earlier, there would have been a bunch of white space saved that could have helped to save planet Earth. :lol: I wish I had posted your reply. Again, excellent!

Starman

There's been a quote floating about since sometime in the 1600s:

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." --Cardinal Richelieu

But you're right. I don't have much faith in these sorts of allegations. This is basically a game of 5 dimensional chess we mere mortals aren't meant to understand.

Of course, now that we learn Moore was a Democrat when these allegations took place, many here will think him just as guilty as Franken.

Last edited:

Hijinx

There's been a quote floating about since sometime in the 1600s:

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." --Cardinal Richelieu

But you're right. I don't have much faith in these sorts of allegations. This is basically a game of 5 dimensional chess we mere mortals aren't meant to understand.

Of course, now that we learn Moore was a Democrat when these allegations took place, many here will think him just as guilty as Franken.

I was a Democrat once. My Father and Mother were Democrats. I left after Clinton was elected and I watched as Democrats made excuses for him despite his obvious guilt.
Lots of people were once Democrats, even Ronald Reagan. But we sought honesty and integrity. (not sure we found it though.)
But we did seek it.

As we speak of the dossier and say it has been discredited, I believe it has been discredited.
But there are those who still credit it. We have 3 of them in this forum.
They want to believe it so badly they cannot see the truth.Or they refuse to see it.
And even though it is discredited we have a man who's credibility has also been challenged spending millions of dollars on an investigation that should have been stopped months ago.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not sure why this is noteworthy. The Wikipedia article make mention of his military service and it sounds like he was basically a d!ckhead and not respected.

Having worked for the military for over 30 years, I've learned that being a d!ckhead and not respected is routine. I'm not sure how that even translates into being a sexual predator. The point of the thread is that Moore was a democrat pre-92; when all of these allegations happened. This just adds to my suspicions as to why now, after nearly 40 years, this story comes out four weeks from the general election.

Hijinx

Having worked for the military for over 30 years, I've learned that being a d!ckhead and not respected is routine. I'm not sure how that even translates into being a sexual predator. The point of the thread is that Moore was a democrat pre-92; when all of these allegations happened. This just adds to my suspicions as to why now, after nearly 40 years, this story comes out four weeks from the general election.

Over the years it has been my observation that for every officer, nco who is a dickhead, there is a private that helped make him one.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit

Jurors found the Senate Majority PAC made false and defamatory statements against Moore in the ad that attempted to capitalize on a sexual misconduct accusation made against Moore during the 2017 race, Yahoo News reports.

The problem began after a woman came forward to The Washington Post and said Moore sexually touched her in 1979 when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. There was no evidence.

Moore denied the accusation.

Other women said Moore dated them, or asked them out on dates, when they were older teens.

Again, no evidence.

The lawsuit centered on one television commercial that recounted accusations against Moore in various news articles.

Moore’s attorneys argued the ad falsely claimed he solicited sex from young girls at a shopping mall, including another 14-year-old who was working as a Santa’s helper, and that resulted in him being banned from the mall.

Judge Roy Moore has other lawsuits, one against Sacha Baron Cohen. A judge threw out the Cohen lawsuit and he is trying to have that decision reversed.