Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Whenever Mss. Lerner and Paz have been in the media spotlight, they have faced death threats and harassment,” attorneys for the two women argued.

Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz gave taped depositions in a class-action lawsuit brought by tea party groups demanding answers and compensation for having been subjected to illegal targeting for their political beliefs.

The government settled the class-action lawsuit in Ohio and another tea party challenge in the District of Columbia in two agreements last month, admitting to the illegal behavior. The Ohio settlement also called for the government to pay $3.5 million to the tea party groups, according to one of the plaintiffs.

Ms. Lerner came in for particular criticism, with the government admitting she not only didn’t stop the targeting — contradicting the Obama administration’s claims — but also hid it from her superiors in Washington.

During the course of the Ohio case, the tea party groups filed thousands of pages of documents, but testimony from Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz was left out of the public record because of their earlier request for privacy.

Now Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz say that since the case has been settled, there is no reason for their testimony to ever become public.

Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently

Hijinx

“Whenever Mss. Lerner and Paz have been in the media spotlight, they have faced death threats and harassment,” attorneys for the two women argued.

Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz gave taped depositions in a class-action lawsuit brought by tea party groups demanding answers and compensation for having been subjected to illegal targeting for their political beliefs.

The government settled the class-action lawsuit in Ohio and another tea party challenge in the District of Columbia in two agreements last month, admitting to the illegal behavior. The Ohio settlement also called for the government to pay $3.5 million to the tea party groups, according to one of the plaintiffs.

Ms. Lerner came in for particular criticism, with the government admitting she not only didn’t stop the targeting — contradicting the Obama administration’s claims — but also hid it from her superiors in Washington.

During the course of the Ohio case, the tea party groups filed thousands of pages of documents, but testimony from Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz was left out of the public record because of their earlier request for privacy.

Now Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz say that since the case has been settled, there is no reason for their testimony to ever become public.

Let me see if I have this straight.

1, The Government admitted that Lois Lerner illegally kept the Tea Party groups from becoming legal charitable groups.
2. The Government admitted it by paying out 3.5 million dollars to these groups.
3. Lois Lerner hid the facts from the Government and continued the practice.
4. She was never prosecuted.
5. She is now collecting a pension from the Government.
6. the c**t had the nerve to ask that her testimony be kept private. (Testimony that should have put her ass in jail.)
7. now she is saying that her testimony should never be heard , because she is guilty as hell and free as a bird.

I think I have that right.
Where the hell is the Justice Department and why isn't she under indictment.

Wait I know , I know. She is an Obama official and they get a special dispensation, The law doesn't mean sh1t to them.