Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do women get perms anymore?

Blog Entries

Do women get perms anymore?

I was thinking about this looking through some pics from the 70s and 80s, where we all had those poodle perms and big hair. Does anyone still perm their hair?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Every time I got a perm, which I think was twice maybe three times, I came out looking like Little Orphan Annie's deranged brown-haired cousin. So no.

I read recently that they are coming back, but not exactly like they were before. Less harmful chemicals and done more for volume rather than tight curls.

Nope. Not me! I definitely had some of those poodle curls once or twice back in the day, though.

I remember my first perm back in MIDDLE SCHOOL, way back when they would put those heavy hot clips on the rollers. I could barely hold my head up. I was doing home perms by high school, Rave's Body Wave. I miss the fullness, but not all that time with the hairdryer

No need, I'm naturally curly hair if I let it air dry, but I don't know that curls are back in yet... are they? lol

Vrai.... : do you have pics? lol

I've had two perms. The first was a box perm that a gf put on for me, and we fried my hair. The second one was in the '80's, and it was awesome. I loved it. I just didn't like that I had to heat roll it every morning for the desired look. I would like to get a spiral perm, if I could find someone I trust to do it. My hair is half way down my back again, and I could pull it off, and a spiral doesn't require as much work as a regular perm. It's pretty much wash and go.
    Je suis prest

I had one. Think mid-80's Stevie Nicks hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 62