Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aircraft in distress

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    That pilot did an amazing job!!!!!
    Cool as a cucumber! I love how he puts his hands in his pockets and just strolls away like it was nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Question... does the airport or BDVFD have the means/ability to put foam down on the runway?
    That has been abandoned. All it did was to put a bunch of foam agent into the surface water without proof that it does any good. The plane will occasionally leave a shower of sparks from metal rubbing on concrete/asphalt, but unless fuel tanks get breached, those sparks are not going to start a fire. A soft landing on a hard surface runway is the safest course of action. Just like they did in this case, you want an ARFF and a rescue truck on standby in case something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    He did a magnificent job! I'll hear more about it later, a friend of mine was out helping to move it off the flightline.
    Sadly, many aircraft have been destroyed during the process of moving them from the runway after a gear-up.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Sadly, many aircraft have been destroyed during the process of moving them from the runway after a gear-up.
    It was lifted with a crane and placed onto a platform and towed to the hangar.
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Cool as a cucumber! I love how he puts his hands in his pockets and just strolls away like it was nothing.
    I know right?? Like it happens all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    I know right?? Like it happens all the time!

holy cow...that landing was impressive, given the situation. He had some time to think about it while burning off the fuel though.
    Last edited by sastanley; 11-21-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Very impressive indeed!
    (That whole 'hand in his pockets' thing made me LOL a bit!)

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Question... does the airport or BDVFD have the means/ability to put foam down on the runway?
    BDVFD & Hollywood have foam capabilities but I don't believe that they are able to pump & roll like ARFF vehicles. Placing foam on a runway is an archaic tactic because of the foam used and the fact that it was useless.

Perfect landing. Prompted me to load up Sully on HBONow.

Members who have read this thread: 95