Aircraft in distress

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

luvmygdaughters

Wondering the same thing, didnt see it land on the live feed. Praying the pilot will be okay as well as the fire fighters!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Landed safely. Channel 4 reporting live. I'll get first hand report in awhile.

Forkian

Watched it live on Channel 4. That was intense but he made a beautiful emergency landing! Glad he is ok.

He seemed so calm walking away from the plane.

Amazing.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Watched it live on Channel 4. That was intense but he made a beautiful emergency landing! Glad he is ok.

He seemed so calm walking away from the plane.

Amazing.

My husband went flying today and said it was quite sporty. They did not go up to Lancaster, PA for lunch as planned. Glad I knew he was already on the ground when I read this!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Comments on the story said Channel 4 news was carrying it live. Pilot is safe but not sure about the plane.

They are getting ready to load it up and move it off the airfield. The man is a commercial pilot. I didn't go over, but just got off the phone with my POC. :wink:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They are getting ready to load it up and move it off the airfield. The man is a commercial pilot. I didn't go over, but just got off the phone with my POC. :wink:

I left work around quarter to 5 and there were a ton of emergency vehicles on the air strip. Glad the pilot is okay. :yay:

officeguy

He stopped the engines in time and he landed straight on the centerline without hitting a wing tank. If they didn't damage the plane while moving it off the runway, the damage is limited to some ground up metal on the belly. A rental PA24 (single engine variant of the PA30 in this video) that I used to fly was geared up in 2009. The bill for the sheet metal work was about 20k,, not much in aircraft terms. So depending on the value and how the plane was insured, there is a chance it will fly again.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He stopped the engines in time and he landed straight on the centerline without hitting a wing tank. If they didn't damage the plane while moving it off the runway, the damage is limited to some ground up metal on the belly. A rental PA24 (single engine variant of the PA30 in this video) that I used to fly was geared up in 2009. The bill for the sheet metal work was about 20k,, not much in aircraft terms. So depending on the value and how the plane was insured, there is a chance it will fly again.

He did a magnificent job! I'll hear more about it later, a friend of mine was out helping to move it off the flightline.