The Key To Unhappiness

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"How many times have you heard someone say they want to make a better world? It is a noble sentiment, but very hard to achieve, right?" Prager asks.

"Well, actually, it's quite easy," he continues. "All we have to do is increase just one human trait. This trait is so powerful that it alone can make people happier without working on their happiness, and make them better — and by 'better,' I mean more generous, more honest, more kind, more everything good — without a single lesson in morality."

The "magical thing" that can transform individuals and society, he says, is simply "gratitude."

Prager maintains that it is impossible to be happy if you are not grateful. "Almost everything good flows from gratitude, and almost everything bad flows from ingratitude," he says.

PragerU: The Key To Unhappiness
"The ungrateful are angry . . . "

SamSpade

Agreed.

Partly because other virtues and traits proceed from gratitude - such as humility. If you think you deserve much more from people, you're not going to be humble.
Compassion - because until you can actually GET where other people are coming from - from your sense of gratitude - you won't be compassionate.
People who are grateful aren't filled with pride or conceit. People who are grateful realize the world doesn't owe them anything.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
As a Christian, the world owes me nothing. I owe God everything.That's my attitude, and I'm sticking to it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People who are grateful realize the world doesn't owe them anything.

deification hits the rotary oscillator from time to time ..... but I am content with life, it is what it is, no one owes me anything

no one can really FORCE Life to FAIR ... it is only an illusion

transporter

deification hits the rotary oscillator from time to time ..... but I am content with life, it is what it is, no one owes me anything

no one can really FORCE Life to FAIR ... it is only an illusion

If you were content with life you wouldn't spend your entire day posting your propagandists BS on here.