Young People Think Compliments, Drink Invites Are Forms Of 'Sexual Harassment'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
While some good will surely be done due to the bright spotlight on the serious issue, this sexual harassment hysteria (agitated by political partisanship) could be a recipe for a disaster. We should, of course, dismiss the Left's "believe all women" narrative — a certain Duke lacrosse rape case and campus kangaroo courts might come to mind — but we should also be concerned about what the general public perceives as "sexual harrasment."

Regarding the latter issue, recent YouGov polling indicates that a troubling number of young adults, both male and female, find compliments about a woman's attractiveness, or even an invite to get a drink from a man, as forms of sexual harassment.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status/932663061017751553?[/TWITTER]

Study: A LOT Of Young People Think Compliments, Drink Invites Are Forms Of 'Sexual Harassment'

BOP

I never thought we'd be headed for any kind of sharia law in this country, and certainly not a kind of reverse "Handmaid's Tale," yet here we are, seemingly bound for that in spite of ourselves.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just like fake rape, fake claims of sexual harassment harm real SH victims. "Oh, some guy offered to buy me a drink! I have been sexually harassed!" :lmao:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I never thought we'd be headed for any kind of sharia law in this country, and certainly not a kind of reverse "Handmaid's Tale," yet here we are, seemingly bound for that in spite of ourselves.
I blame the candy-a** Millennials. Guys can't even look at a woman; by that I mean make eye contact; without them thinking, 'He's staring at my chest or my a**' or 'What does he want?'
Fellas, for our part in this, establish and maintain eye contact, just try not to stare; which can also elicit paranoia. Keep your hands to yourself; that whole 'look but don't touch' rule.
If/when eye contact is established, just say "Hi." If that alone strikes fear, then we are headed for H*ll in a hand basket. :doh:

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

I want to know why men are not coming forward with claims of sexual abuse and harassment?? Seriously, you cant tell me, with all the craziness in Hollywood and DC, no women have taken advantage of some good looking, well built guy??

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I want to know why men are not coming forward with claims of sexual abuse and harassment?? Seriously, you cant tell me, with all the craziness in Hollywood and DC, no women have taken advantage of some good looking, well built guy??

The sole guy on a CBS panel last evening looked like his queer lover might have touched him "there" at one point.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... no women have taken advantage of some good looking, well built guy??

Oh My Scarlett Johansson wants to have sex with me .... :cds:
:sarcasm:

you cannot harass someone willing ...

now if the women looked like Hillary Clinton I'd Hide in shame and NEVER mention the incident to anyone

Toxick

Splat
I think it all boils down to how attractive the person making the advance is.

For instance, if a really hot coworker asked me out for drinks... It's all good.

But if a less attractive cow orker (get it?) asked me out for drinks, that bitch would be in Human Resources within the hour.

luvmygdaughters

Cause guys like that, to be fair a lot of women do too

I don't know, its like the entire male population is being made out to be nothing but sexual deviants and molesters. I just cant believe that somewhere, someplace, a woman has not turned the tables and done this to a man. Now, he may be embarrassed to admit it or ashamed that a woman took advantage of him.

PeoplesElbow

I don't know, its like the entire male population is being made out to be nothing but sexual deviants and molesters. I just cant believe that somewhere, someplace, a woman has not turned the tables and done this to a man. Now, he may be embarrassed to admit it or ashamed that a woman took advantage of him.

An old woman at work actually grabbed my ass, I jumped, we laughed, no big deal. She did shock the hell out of me, but I'm a man and can handle it. I think I was 26-27 at the time.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
An old woman at work actually grabbed my ass, I jumped, we laughed, no big deal. She did shock the hell out of me, but I'm a man and can handle it. I think I was 26-27 at the time.

:yay:

I got grabbed in a bar once by a cute brunette ....
I was a bit surprised at the time and let her walk away after stumbling out a hello there ...
her response, well you had it stuck out there I just had to [with a big grin on her face]

and away she walked with her friend

PeoplesElbow

:yay:

I got grabbed in a bar once by a cute brunette ....
I was a bit surprised at the time and let her walk away after stumbling out a hello there ...
her response, well you had it stuck out there I just had to [with a big grin on her face]

and away she walked with her friend

Lol that just made me remember I got grabbed in the front by a chubby girl at a pearl jam concert, we ended up in the back of my car, good times back in the 90s.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I think it all boils down to how attractive the person making the advance is.

For instance, if a really hot coworker asked me out for drinks... It's all good.

But if a less attractive cow orker (get it?) asked me out for drinks, that bitch would be in Human Resources within the hour.
Why file a report with HR? Simply decline. "Thanks, but no thanks." Also remember not to make a "sour face" when doing so.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
These dodos need to experience a forum meet and greet. I'm pretty sure 80% of the sexual harassment I've received over the years happened at some of those. :lol:

When are we having another one? :pete: