#NotMyPresident

MR47930

Just kidding. I've made a killing in my 401K since hes been elected and for that fact I can look past the tweets. Hoping he gets re-elected so I can retire early!

2017-11-22_8-06-01.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I see it differently. My take is I get a booming economy, my investments are going crazy, and I get troll tweets as a bonus. :jet:

MR47930

I see it differently. My take is I get a booming economy, my investments are going crazy, and I get troll tweets as a bonus. :jet:
His tweet about Kim Jong-un was hilarious but the whole Lamar, Lavarre (or whatever his name is) is to much. He shouldn’t give that guy the time of day, and should have left his son in that Chinese jail cell

Starman

Well, unless you cash out today, your gains mean nothing.

Furthermore, Trump has very little to do with this. True enough, promises of tax cuts and less regulations help some, but by and large market indices are lagging indicators.

The biggest driver of the bull market is scarcity of alternative investments. Average interest rates in large industrialized nations run below the rate of inflation. Bonds are trading at sub-zero yields. Some central banks have experimented with negative interest rates. All of this adds up few if any alternatives to equity investing. Furthermore, the spate of corporate share buybacks has been the single largest source of demand for equities.

Sadly, for many people the only measure they have of "the economy" is how their 401k is doing. It's a shame they don't teach this stuff in school.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well, that's not exactly true. You sound like someone who is hoping it all falls apart, leaving millions of Americans destitute, just so you can have something to snark about Trump over.

So far Trump has been a terrific president. Sorry for your luck. :poorbaby:

Hijinx

Furthermore, Trump has very little to do with this. True enough, promises of tax cuts and less regulations help some, but by and large market indices are lagging indicators.

The biggest driver of the bull market is scarcity of alternative investments. Average interest rates in large industrialized nations run below the rate of inflation. Bonds are trading at sub-zero yields. Some central banks have experimented with negative interest rates. All of this adds up few if any alternatives to equity investing. Furthermore, the spate of corporate share buybacks has been the single largest source of demand for equities.

Sadly, for many people the only measure they have of "the economy" is how their 401k is doing. It's a shame they don't teach this stuff in school.

Thy haven't the time to teach this in school, they are too busy teaching transgenders and LGBTQ's are socially acceptable.

Starman

Well, that's not exactly true. You sound like someone who is hoping it all falls apart, leaving millions of Americans destitute, just so you can have something to snark about Trump over.

So far Trump has been a terrific president. Sorry for your luck. :poorbaby:

Be careful .. if your straw man burns you too might catch fire.

Basic principle of investing -- paper gains mean nothing.

It's a shame they don't teach this stuff in school.

Last edited:

transporter

What's really interesting is how blind your vision is.

The economy is performing no better today that it was a couple years ago. Job growth so far this year is actually the lowest it has been in 5 years and since inauguration given the same number of trading days the stock market grew at a 3x faster pace under our previous President.

If you love Trump, then you should have been orgasmic over Obama.

The only people in the entire world who thinks Trump has accomplished anything of value are his cultists and the Russian govt.

transporter

Well, that's not exactly true. You sound like someone who is hoping it all falls apart, leaving millions of Americans destitute, just so you can have something to snark about Trump over.:

Actually his statement is exactly true...a poor way of stating it...but true nonetheless.

There is no need to "snark" about Trump. The man is incompetent and proves it on a daily basis.

Starman

Son none of the refutations can be countered. Got it.

It’s too bad they don’t teach this stuff in school.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I guess everyone sees the president's success or ineptitude based on which side of the aisle they sit on.

I bet if the economy was in the ####ter President Trump would be blamed for that, just like he gets blamed for nazi rallies.

Starman

I guess everyone sees the president's success or ineptitude based on which side of the aisle they sit on.

I bet if the economy was in the ####ter President Trump would be blamed for that, just like he gets blamed for nazi rallies.

Or maybe some of us actually understand economics and equitiy markets more than others.

Nice try though.

MR47930

Son none of the refutations can be countered. Got it.

It’s too bad they don’t teach this stuff in school.
You’re right, it’s a complete coincidence that as soon as he was elected the markets started an upward trend.

It’s to bad your private school didn’t teach you not to sound like a pompous douche.

Starman

You’re right, it’s a complete coincidence that as soon as he was elected the markets started an upward trend.

Is that as hard as your mind works?

Not coincidence at all. I gave you the reasons, but your hyper-partisan myopia is preventing you from absorbing complex issues.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is that as hard as your mind works?

Not coincidence at all. I gave you the reasons, but your hyper-partisan myopia is preventing you from absorbing complex issues.

You forgot to say " It’s too bad they don’t teach this stuff in school."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Or maybe some of us actually understand economics and equitiy markets more than others.

You mean equity markets? Like everything in life there will be those that possess a greater understanding of the subject. It appears that your particular area of expertise is economics. Good for you. That's what is so great about a community forum. People can share their particular expertise with the less than experts.

I guess then you predicted the market surge to coincide with President Trump's election. What great luck 45 had to win the election at just the right time. Some folks always seem to land on their feet. Based on the fact that the dude's a billionaire, he must have an amazing rabbit's foot. I say this because to hear the left complain about how idiotic and stupid he seems. I should be so stupid.