Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: InstantPot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Man,

Just got six drumsticks from the commissary. Gave them a Grillmates Sweet and Smokey dry rub, tossed in about 3/4 of a cup of water, set for high pressure, 20 minutes, then about 10 minutes before releasing what little pressure there was. Tossed them on the grill for a minute or two to crisp the skin........ man, talk about tender....... just threw some jasmine rice into the water left over, should be ready in about 15 minutes.
    Smart move on reusing the left over chicken liquid. I'm a big fan of using homemade stocks and such. Growing up most of the meats I ate were served dry. As an adult I've become a big fan of various sauces. How much rice did you cook with approx. 3/4 water? Unless the bird had a lot of released juices, it doesn't sound like you could make a whole bunch with that little bit of liquid.
    War = Peace
    Freedom = Slavery
    Diversity = Strength

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Smart move on reusing the left over chicken liquid. I'm a big fan of using homemade stocks and such. Growing up most of the meats I ate were served dry. As an adult I've become a big fan of various sauces. How much rice did you cook with approx. 3/4 water? Unless the bird had a lot of released juices, it doesn't sound like you could make a whole bunch with that little bit of liquid.
    When I make my homemade salsa each year (I make vast amounts) I realized I was dumping the best part down the drain. So now, after the ingredients are blended and simmered, I strain over a huge pot and save the vitamin filled/flavorful liquid and freeze it in gallon sized freezer bags to use as base stock for soups all winter long. Because I chose my own ingredients, it is very low sodium and no added sugar so the stock makes a great base.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    When I make my homemade salsa each year (I make vast amounts)

You do know where I live and work. (hint, hint)

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post

You do know where I live and work. (hint, hint)
    I do! Fair warning, you have to like cilantro.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Ended up being about a little over a cup in the pot, which will cook 3/4 to a cup of rice. Rule of thumb is one cup or 1.25 cups of water to one cup of rice.
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

I don't think 1.25 to 1 would work with brown rice only white....and white rice is meh.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    I do! Fair warning, you have to like cilantro.
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I don't think 1.25 to 1 would work with brown rice only white....and white rice is meh.
    Pretty much exclusivity jasmine rice these days. Son has some basmati I've not tried yet. Brown rice too chewy for me.. :)

Recipes I see show a 2 cups rice to 2.25 or 2.5 cup of water ratio for brown rice too. With cook times ranging from 20-24 minutes at high pressure, natural release. Of course, cook time in = texture out, and no two people are going to agree on the perfect texture, so you want to fiddle a bit. I would go low and add a couple minutes if it's not to your liking.
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Members who have read this thread: 55