Starbucks Christmas Cup Controversy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Two years ago we were subjected to claims that Christians and conservatives were completely offended by the 2015 Starbucks Christmas cup. That was so false that it led me to write a piece headlined, “Nobody Is Actually Upset About The Starbucks Cup. Stop Saying Otherwise.”

But at least there was some tiny smidgen of evidence of someone on planet earth being offended by it — namely a Breitbart writer who wrote a tongue-in-cheek jeremiad against the cup and a Christian shock jock-type guy who makes viral videos doing his thing against the cup.

This year, the entirety of the evidence for this New York Times article appears to be — and I’m completely serious — a single tweet by someone with 16 followers as of press time. And that tweet isn’t even mentioned in the Times‘ article! It is included in articles the Times links to.

Despite the tweets and the headline, the story goes off the rails immediately, with a verbose and non-specific lead. The main takeaway is that Starbucks gets pushback for its Christmas cups each year and “This year, critics wonder if Starbucks is using its holiday cups to promote homosexuality.”

This Year’s Starbucks Christmas Cup Controversy Is The Most Fake Yet

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Starbucks is desperate for free publicity.

I'm sure they stage this crap through the press.

Hijinx

Starbucks is desperate for free publicity.

I'm sure they stage this crap through the press.

Since I never go to Starbucks it is of no matter to me what kind of cups they use to put their overpriced product in.