Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I want to acknowledge those who can't be with their loved ones today because they are away helping someone else - the members of our military, the law enforcement and rescue workers, the truckers, and all the building and restoration contractors who are here in the Keys helping to get these folks back on their feet. I'm sure I've left off a category. Thank you thank you for enabling the rest of us to eat too much and lay around watching football all day.

:patriot:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
To you also.

You probably should lock this because you know the regular members of the "Complain About Everything Brigade" will be along shortly.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
:yay: To everything you said except "lay around and watch football". I plan on watching the kneeling and then change channel. :biggrin:

frequentflier

happy to be living
A much needed day off! Staying in my jammies all day and going to be about as lazy as the chores will allow. We have a turkey breast and a few sides but nothing like the usual feast.
Grateful for everything, though. Especially a day OFF!

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
A much needed day off! Staying in my jammies all day and going to be about as lazy as the chores will allow. We have a turkey breast and a few sides but nothing like the usual feast.
Grateful for everything, though. Especially a day OFF!

:yay:

I turned the business line off yesterday ensuring a 4-5 day stretch of me/us time. Quite thankful for many new clients in the past week (including the biggest to date) but it's definitely a jammie day(s) for us too.

Not the usual feast for us either.
Crab cakes, fries, macaroni salad, peaches, pecan pie and vanilla ice cream.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Very thoughtful post, vrai!

Daisy wishes everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!

9A260D3B-2D91-45BF-B0FE-E66F9B6B6BEB.jpeg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Got a call earlier today from our Navy LT son onboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt currently in the Indian Ocean steaming to their next station somewhere in the mid-east. They had the typical fine navy holiday meal, and then had a fun 5K run around the flight deck. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Got a call earlier today from our Navy LT son onboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt currently in the Indian Ocean steaming to their next station somewhere in the mid-east. They had the typical fine navy holiday meal, and then had a fun 5K run around the flight deck. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanks for sharing that, b23. I know you must miss him, so. He is a patriot. :patriot:

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
3rd year in a row the wife and I had dinner at our next door neighbor's house.
He is also a graduate of the military college in Vermont as are we.

Shared the table with his son, his fiancée, her parents and one of her uncles.

It was a good day, and we were delighted to find that his kitties,
who normally no not come up to strangers
(we're not over there enough to really be know to the little critters),
not only let us pet them, but pick them up.

I ate so much that I am wearing the abdominal binder to help relieve the pressure on the hernias.

littlelady

God bless the USA
3rd year in a row the wife and I had dinner at our next door neighbor's house.
He is also a graduate of the military college in Vermont as are we.

Shared the table with his son, his fiancée, her parents and one of her uncles.

It was a good day, and we were delighted to find that his kitties,
who normally no not come up to strangers
(we're not over there enough to really be know to the little critters),
not only let us pet them, but pick them up.

I ate so much that I am wearing the abdominal binder to help relieve the pressure on the hernias.

:smile: Happy Thanksgiving, spr! Miss T has all the kitties in line. :lol:

Last edited: