Greg Schiano, guilty by association?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In no way am I giving a pass to anyone that had knowledge of child abuse. They are culpable, along with the abuser, if they didn't take a stance. I have the same beef with the catholic church as they moved pedophiles from place to place to abuse again.

This is a he said, the other guy said. Given today's climate on campus, it's not surprising that Tennessee caved. So does this mean the guy can't ever coach again? Would he be an acceptable coach at say Notre Dame, Villanova or St. Johns?

But in a court deposition from 2015[FONT=&quot], Mike McQueary, the former graduate assistant who said he walked in on Sandusky and a boy in the shower, accused Schiano of seeing something similar. He said that information came from another assistant coach, Tom Bradley, in a conversation.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I can't remember if it was one night or one morning, but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower," McQueary said. "And that's it. That's all (Bradley) ever told me."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]People who spoke to Schiano in the weeks after that deposition was unsealed in 2016 recount a similar conversation, with Schiano insisting that, had he witnessed anything close to this, he would have put Sandusky through a wall.[/FONT]

either he knew or he didn't

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Guilty by association is the rule these days, eh? If you knew somebody that knew somebody that knew somebody that spoke to somebody about what somebody told them about what somebody did, you're GUILTY AS CRAP and therefore not qualified for anything not approved by leftists.

PeoplesElbow

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Funny thing is that it probably has nothing to do with it, the UT fan base has this unrealistic expectation that Jon Gruden wants to be their coach and will not settle for anyone but him. Schiano just happened to have this baggage in his past.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/27/16703436/greg-schiano-tennessee-coach-not-hired

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/19/16675086/jon-gruden-rumors-tennessee-lsu

Gruden was the talk around here getting the job because his son is on the team, but he really wants to go back to the pros somewhere.

Grumpy

Gruden was the talk around here getting the job because his son is on the team, but he really wants to go back to the pros somewhere.

If he wants to go back to the pros, why hasn't he?? He's been doing MNF for 7 or 8 years now, his name always comes up when a pro job is open but always says he is happy where he is. Why do you say he 'really wants to go back to the pros' ?? I think he is fat and happy doing what he is doing now.

Chris0nllyn

If he wants to go back to the pros, why hasn't he?? He's been doing MNF for 7 or 8 years now, his name always comes up when a pro job is open but always says he is happy where he is. Why do you say he 'really wants to go back to the pros' ?? I think he is fat and happy doing what he is doing now.

He's made a number of comments regarding coming back. One example being last night when he reverse-engineered a play call and after saying the play said "Man, that felt good".

He's playing both sides of the fence, imo.

PeoplesElbow

He's made a number of comments regarding coming back. One example being last night when he reverse-engineered a play call and after saying the play said "Man, that felt good".

He's playing both sides of the fence, imo.

Na, he also said "I work part time half the year for $6M, why would I want to work 24/7/365 for the same money?"