Thread: Once in a While...

Once in a While...

... the timing is right and a simple thing works out to your advantage.

I had my truck in for a recall recently, and as a result of that visit, I got a freebie offer for 2 months of SiriusXM. I found I don't use SiriusXM in the truck much locally, so haven't subscribed. However, I plan on doing a bunch of travel the next few months, so this will be good. But the piece I'm really looking for isn't the music, it's the weather maps that are now available with SiriusXM. The weather maps overlay on the truck's GPS maps, which I use all the time. That is going to be very nice to have.

Good timing.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    That will be nice. Now I'm thinking I should get SXM in my car...
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    ... the timing is right and a simple thing works out to your advantage.

I had my truck in for a recall recently, and as a result of that visit, I got a freebie offer for 2 months of SiriusXM. I found I don't use SiriusXM in the truck much locally, so haven't subscribed. However, I plan on doing a bunch of travel the next few months, so this will be good. But the piece I'm really looking for isn't the music, it's the weather maps that are now available with SiriusXM. The weather maps overlay on the truck's GPS maps, which I use all the time. That is going to be very nice to have.

Good timing.
    Yep. I have that on the Garmin network on our big boat. Pretty cool...I can overlay the radar on the chart along with the weather pattern from Sirius..
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

XM is free right now for anyone who wants to listen. It's only 100 channels, but hey, it's free.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 39