Interesting to note

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The people who are saying Franken and Conyers shouldn't resign, that the voters should be the ones who decide, are the same ones wanting to impeach Donald Trump instead of letting voters decide.

Just another fun hypocrisy from the Left. :cartwheel

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just another fun hypocrisy from the Left. :cartwheel

Well About That ......

WATCH: Pelosi Finally Calls On Conyers To Resign

Pelosi replied:

Well, the allegations against Congressman Conyers, as we have learned more since Sunday, are serious, disappointing, and very credible. It’s very sad. The brave women who came forward are owed justice. I pray for Congressman Conyers and his family and wish them well. However, Congressman Conyers should resign. As dean, Congressman Conyers has served our Congress for more than five decades and shaped some of the most consequential legislation of the last half-century. However, zero tolerance means consequences for everyone. No matter how great the legacy, it’s no license to harass or discriminate. In fact, it makes it even more disappointing.

I don't think he will ... but there it is

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Pelosi did not elect the congressman and she sure as hell will not pressure him to leave," Conyers' attorney Arnold Reed said.

The attorney went on to allude to a perceived double standard, noting that Sen. Al Franken, who is the subject of mounting sexual harassment complaints, has not been the subject of similar calls from within the Democratic Party.

"At the end of the day, I would suspect Pelosi would have to explain the difference between Franken and Conyers," Reed said.

Earlier, at her weekly press briefing, Pelosi, D-Calif., called the allegations against Conyers “serious and disappointing," quickly changing her tune on the congressman from earlier this week.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...esign-amid-sexual-misconduct-allegations.html

Hijinx

"Pelosi did not elect the congressman and she sure as hell will not pressure him to leave," Conyers' attorney Arnold Reed said.

The attorney went on to allude to a perceived double standard, noting that Sen. Al Franken, who is the subject of mounting sexual harassment complaints, has not been the subject of similar calls from within the Democratic Party.

"At the end of the day, I would suspect Pelosi would have to explain the difference between Franken and Conyers," Reed said.

Earlier, at her weekly press briefing, Pelosi, D-Calif., called the allegations against Conyers “serious and disappointing," quickly changing her tune on the congressman from earlier this week.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...esign-amid-sexual-misconduct-allegations.html

Sounds like they are getting ready to play the old Race Card.

This_person

Sounds like they are getting ready to play the old Race Card.

If they don't call on Franken to resign, too, that would be a valid card to pull. If we don't call for Trump to resign as well, it would be valid to call we on the right of center hypocrites.

Franken, Conyers, and Trump deserve proper investigations and deserve the right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty - all of them, or none of them. If accusations are all that are needed to cause realistic calls for resignation, we should all be shouting from the rooftops to have Franken, Conyers, and Trump resign. If they're not, we should all be shouting from the rooftops to have them all investigated, and let the chips fall where they may.

Now, this could be court, ethics committees, and/or impeachment processes. They were all elected (well, not Franken, but you know....), and they all deserve the same treatment from us.

Hijinx

If they don't call on Franken to resign, too, that would be a valid card to pull. If we don't call for Trump to resign as well, it would be valid to call we on the right of center hypocrites.

Franken, Conyers, and Trump deserve proper investigations and deserve the right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty - all of them, or none of them. If accusations are all that are needed to cause realistic calls for resignation, we should all be shouting from the rooftops to have Franken, Conyers, and Trump resign. If they're not, we should all be shouting from the rooftops to have them all investigated, and let the chips fall where they may.

Now, this could be court, ethics committees, and/or impeachment processes. They were all elected (well, not Franken, but you know....), and they all deserve the same treatment from us.

Well knowing how you hate Trump I will just give that response the attention it deserves.

This_person

Well knowing how you hate Trump I will just give that response the attention it deserves.

I wasn't actually attacking Trump, I was calling for an even hand in dealing with these situations.

You accuse me of hating the guy I voted for, and TransSappy accuses me of loving him. I guess I must be pretty even and honest in my way of discussing him if I can be called both a lover and a hater.

The instrument has yet to be devised that can measure how much I care about Trump - it's far less than insignificant. I care about the United States. When he does the right things, I love his actions. When he does the wrong stuff, I hate his actions.

But, if we are going to say Conyers should resign, and Franken too, we have to say Trump should. If we say, "the people elected Trump, so he can stay" we have to say the same about the others. Anything else is patently dishonest.