Christmas Cookies and Candy

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Just reading the thread that jazz posted about pot luck ideas-I've been trying to come up with some new idea's for Christmas cookie and candy idea's.

My staple is Peppermint bark, and various cookies, but I'd like to spend less time flapping the oven door this year. So, I've added Buckeyes and chcocolate covered pretzels to the my list, but I'm coming up short for other non-cookables.

Ideas?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oreo Truffles are easy and no bake. Although not strictly no-cooking, Christmas Crack made with saltine crackers is pretty simple and quick. Haystacks are no-bake with only a couple of ingredients and you can combine an infinite number of flavor combos. Pineapple Coconut Snowball cookies are no bake. Rice Krispie Treat bites. Christmas Chex Mix. Puppy Chow. Reindeer Poop. Christmas Wreath (Cornflakes) Cookies.

Just putting a bunch of ideas out there. I have all the recipes if you want any or all of them. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oreo Truffles are easy and no bake. Although not strictly no-cooking, Christmas Crack made with saltine crackers is pretty simple and quick. Haystacks are no-bake with only a couple of ingredients and you can combine an infinite number of flavor combos. Pineapple Coconut Snowball cookies are no bake. Rice Krispie Treat bites. Christmas Chex Mix. Puppy Chow. Reindeer Poop. Christmas Wreath (Cornflakes) Cookies.

Just putting a bunch of ideas out there. I have all the recipes if you want any or all of them. :lol:

I'd like the recipe for Pineapple Coconut Snowball cookies, please.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'd like the recipe for Pineapple Coconut Snowball cookies, please.

NO BAKE - Pineapple Coconut Snowballs

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened.
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained.
1 cup chopped pecans
3 cups flaked coconut

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple until combined then fold in the pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Take out of refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls; then roll the balls in the coconut. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Yield: about 2 dozen.

Note: you can leave out the pecans if desired.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
NO BAKE - Pineapple Coconut Snowballs

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened.
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained.
1 cup chopped pecans
3 cups flaked coconut

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple until combined then fold in the pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Take out of refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls; then roll the balls in the coconut. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Yield: about 2 dozen.

Note: you can leave out the pecans if desired.

Thanks!

lovinmaryland

I do the oreo truffles too! At Christmas time I use the mint ones and once theyre dipped in chocolate I sprinkle them w/ crushed up candy canes. Those get a lot of ooohhs and ahhs.

I made 2 batches of sugar spiced pecans over thanksgiving...everyone loved those and while not "non baked" the oven temp is very low and you pretty much throw them in there and forget about them for 45 minutes.

I also made 3 batches of toffee over thanksgiving...I cant believe they went through the entire amount in 4 days but they did! Super easy and on top of the stove.

What about premade mixes for a non baked addition. They have a ton of different options like hot cocoa and cookie mixes.