Which do I hate more?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The drugged zizzy way cold medicine makes me feel, or having a head that feels full of concrete?

Ugh.

acommondisaster

The juice is worse than the squeeze....

In most cases, I skip the cold medicine, except for aspirin and throat lozenges, because I hate the way cold medicine makes me feel. Hot tea with some brandy and honey so I can sleep is more helpful to me than all the Nyquil in the world.

Hope you're feeling better soon - take some Airborne to speed things along.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The juice is worse than the squeeze....

In most cases, I skip the cold medicine, except for aspirin and throat lozenges, because I hate the way cold medicine makes me feel. Hot tea with some brandy and honey so I can sleep is more helpful to me than all the Nyquil in the world.

Hope you're feeling better soon - take some Airborne to speed things along.

I always wondered about the Airborne in being a scam and all, but if you have bought and like it, I will try it.

And, as far as the cold meds, hub bought some huge orange horse pills. I couldn’t swallow them without cutting them in half. We take echinacea pretty regularly along with vitamins, and haven’t gotten the flu shot in at least 10 years. We haven’t been sick, except for the, occasional, cold that our adorable gdot brings home from library Mondays.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And, as far as the cold meds, hub bought some huge orange horse pills.

The Mucinex I was taking is enormous orange horse pills. They worked to clear my sinuses, dry me up, and help me sleep, but they made me disoriented and have bizarre dreams.

The Mucinex I was taking is enormous orange horse pills. They worked to clear my sinuses, dry me up, and help me sleep, but they made me disoriented and have bizarre dreams.
Drinking tons of water is a must for Mucinex to work as it should... drink up.

Bonehead

Not to hijack a perfectly good cold thread but....

Anyone have a kidney stone before ? What did it feel like to you ? I have some weird symptoms and net research says that may be what is going on.

Roman

Anyone have a kidney stone before ? What did it feel like to you ? I have some weird symptoms and net research says that may be what is going on.
If you had a kidney stone, you'd know it. I hope you go to the doctor to find out.

PeoplesElbow

Unbearable pain, bloody piss, hard to miss things.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've seen two men (one of them an Italian tough guy) with kidney stones and both of them looked like weeping death warmed over. I wasn't like that when I was giving birth, so I'm guessing that if you had a kidney stone you would definitely know it.

My verdict is bladder or kidney infection. Or the clap.

PeoplesElbow

I've seen two men (one of them an Italian tough guy) with kidney stones and both of them looked like weeping death warmed over. I wasn't like that when I was giving birth, so I'm guessing that if you had a kidney stone you would definitely know it.

My verdict is bladder or kidney infection. Or the clap.

At first i thought I pulled my back, i took some motrin and tried to go to bed. I laid in bed hoping to fall asleep, after what I thought had been hours I looked over at the clock and it had only been 10 minutes. That is when I decided to go to the hospital. I was seeing colors in waves.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Yes, a deep sharpening pain down in your gut, not surface pain, but deep inside, and not in your back either
I know why women in labor pace the floor

however the pain comes and goes as the stone moves, it is possible you have a small stone, only causing minor pain ....
but a full on attack can have you curled in the fetal position sweating and nauseated from the pain

Last edited:

acommondisaster

Not to hijack the hijack, but we had to take our chihuahua to the vet ER a couple of weeks ago and there was a English boxer who was being released while we were there. They gave the owner the dog's FIVE kidney stones; none smaller than a dime and told him "we sent the other ones off to the lab". That dog must have been in incredible pain.