Flynn makes a deal

Midnightrider

https://apnews.com/fb2c8cd3e70542648d31756729611d3e

Court documents show Flynn, an early and vocal supporter on the campaign trail of President Donald Trump, will admit to lying to the FBI about his conversations during the transition period with Russia’s ambassador to the United States.

Signs of Flynn cooperating with Mueller’s team surfaced in the past week, as his lawyers told the legal team they could no longer discuss information about the case with them. Scheduled grand jury testimony regarding Flynn was also postponed.

I wonder what he had to offer up and why he would plea out to such a minimal charge

Sapidus

Don't you know he was just a coffee boy. " Barely met the guy"- Donald Trump

This along with Sessions testimony yesterday and it looks like things are starting to heat up

I'm sure Trump supporters will come up with plenty more excuses and reasons why this is no big deal and why cooperating with a foreign government to win an election is as American as apple pie. SMH

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...... why cooperating with a foreign government to win an election ...... SMH

got any facts to back that up short bus
Other than the DNC Paying for the FAKE Dossier

I see NOTHING in the Press Release about colluding with Russians
looks like the FBI is looking into dealings with Turkey

ok so this CNBC Article says Flynn lied about asking the Russian Ambassador :

Flynn is accused of falsely claiming that he had not asked Russia's ambassador to the United States, Sergey Kislyak, last Dec. 29 "to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia that same day."

Flynn also allegedly lied by telling the FBI "he did not recall the Russian Ambassador subsequently telling him that Russia had chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of his request," the information says.

Flynn is accused of falsely stating that he "did not ask the Russian Ambassador to delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution," according to the filing.

[clip]

Flynn and his son, Michael G. Flynn, have been eyed by Mueller's investigation in connection with a variety of issues, including the elder Flynn's contacts with the Russian ambassador, and the question of whether he tried to orchestrate the potentially illegal removal of a Turkish cleric from the United States in exchange for millions of dollars. That cleric has been a target of Turkish president Recep Erdogan.

NBC News reported in early November that sources familiar with Mueller's probe had said the special counsel had assembled enough evidence against both Flynns to indict them on criminal charges.

In addition to Mueller's investigation, Flynn has faced inquiries from the House and Senate, as well as a separate Pentagon probe, for a variety of undisclosed ties to foreign governments.

I still don't see anything about getting assistance to get elected

Last edited:

Sapidus

Yesterday? I can't find a link to that...

It's the first thing that comes up when you google Sessions

"I asked the attorney general whether he was ever instructed by the president to take any action that he believed would hinder the Russia investigation, and he declined to answer the question," said Rep. Adam Schiff of California, the senior Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, after Sessions completed his closed-door testimony Thursday.

"If the president did not instruct him to take any action that he believed would hinder the Russia investigation, he should say so," Schiff told reporters. "If the president did instruct him to hinder the investigation in any way, in my view, that would be a potentially criminal act and certainly not covered by any privilege."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...y-question-top-house-democrat-says/909742001/

Starman

https://apnews.com/fb2c8cd3e70542648d31756729611d3e

I wonder what he had to offer up and why he would plea out to such a minimal charge

In these types of scenarios the government will typically go with the charge that is the easiest to write (single count felony) and which shows the fewest cards possible in order to see if they can flip him.

Assuming he’s accepted the plea, that will mean he’s implicated someone above him. For a former national security adviser there aren’t too many people above him. I’ll leave it to the reader to noodle that through.

Sapidus

This is breaking on ABC

ABC News‏Verified account
@ABC
1m1 minute ago
More
ABC News Retweeted ABC News
MORE: Michael Flynn "is prepared to testify...against Pres. Trump, against members of the Trump family, and others in the White House," @BrianRoss reports. http://abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq ABC News added,

0:50
ABC News
Verified account

@ABC
JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the…
13 replies 119 retweets 104 likes
Reply 13 Retweet 119 Like 104 Direct message

ABC News‏Verified account
@ABC
9m9 minutes ago
More
JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians." http://abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq

Lock Him up! Lock Him up!

Oh the irony.

Last edited:

transporter

Pretty fast moving story:

11:30 a.m.

As part of a plea deal, former national security adviser Michael Flynn has admitted that a senior member of the Trump transition team directed him to make contact with Russian officials in December 2016.

https://www.apnews.com/99bb8f75c551...Flynn-says-Trump-transition-team-directed-him

This is that meeting NO ONE in the Trump Administration knew anything about (correction...this is ONE of the meetings no one knew about).

VP Pence was SHOCKED to learn of it...Trump was SHOCKED to learn about it...

I don't think the "he was just a minor part of the Administration for a short time" storyline will work this time.

Sapidus

So the only people directly in charge of Flynn were Trump, Pence and Kushner.

With his statement that he was directed to contact Russian officials it seems clear one of them is going down.

I have a feeling Trump is gonna throw Pence under the bus.

Last edited:

Sapidus

James Comeys Twitter today

James Comey

Twitter › Comey
“But justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream” Amos 5:24 12/1/17

Hijinx

Last edited:

Starman

Man I feel sorry for those Twitter keys when Trump is finally able to pull himself away from stress-eating and tap out one of his glorious profundities about this.

Hijinx

I have a thought here.

No matter if Flynn was speaking to the Russians was it about their interfering with the election?
In fact what they are investigating him for is speaking to a Russian after Trump was already elected.
Now people are required to register as a foreign agent when they speak to foreign leaders as I understand it.

Let me ask this question.
Has Obama registered as a foreign agent.?
He is in China and other countries speaking to their leaders.

Why? What is he speaking to them about? Is he authorized to do so?
What is that ####er up to?
How will it affect the Trump foreign policy.

IMO Flynn is nor ever was the danger to America by speaking to the Russians, that Obama is by speaking to the Chinese and other leaders he is visiting.
I don't trust that unAmerican Muslim a-hole as far as I can toss him .

black dog

Free America
Man I feel sorry for those Twitter keys when Trump is finally able to pull himself away from stress-eating and tap out one of his glorious profundities about this.

It's gonna be a ####ing awesome Tweet,,, heads will be exploding on both coasts..

Sapidus

I have a thought here.

No matter if Flynn was speaking to the Russians was it about their interfering with the election?
In fact what they are investigating him for is speaking to a Russian after Trump was already elected.
Now people are required to register as a foreign agent when they speak to foreign leaders as I understand it.

IMO Flynn is nor ever was the danger to America by speaking to the Russians, that Obama is by speaking to the Chinese and other leaders he is visiting.

It’s always Obama or Clinton. How pathetic.

When faced with evidence you continue to deflect and lash out at people who aren’t in the government any longer. Fox News really did a number on you.

Starman

I have a thought here.

Did someone lie to the effa bee eye about this trip?