Unknown lights

3CATSAILOR

My wife and I were looking out over the Bay. We noticed at least two separate light that rotated with red and teal lights. Not sure what it was. I work at Pax and have seen everything they have. Nothing matches to what we saw. I have seen it before but tried to ignore it This time it appeared quite a bit brighter. I am sure it can be explained. I just don't know how at the moment.

My wife is pushing me to dig out a huge telescope I have. It is pretty intense. It takes quite a bit of time to set it up. It is also computer controlled. I would have to choose which star I believe the objects are at the closest point to and then over ride the computer and manually control it from there. The only thing it doesn't do is take photos. It would be pretty cool if it did. I hear of stories about amateur astronomers who find things in the night sky way before the so called experts. I guess you never know what might be out there. Normally I would say it is a planet. However, it is too bright and the rotation has variations. And it is multiple objects. I'll figure it out eventually.

limblips

I have seen it also. About 10 years ago in the NW sky. Naked eye saw the colors and decent binoculars verified them. I did some research and I believe it to be a geostationary satellite. May be way off but that is the best I could come up with. Interestingly, a few days after a friend was talking about the same thing. We saw it for a few weeks always getting lower in the NW sky.

GregV814

oh great!!! a good mystery but Robert Stack and Leonard Nimoy are dead...somebody call Brian Williams or Dan Rather...

ReadingTheNews

The only thing it doesn't do is take photos.
/snip

There are lots of different adapters that will allow a camera to be attached to the telescope, have you thought about those? (I suggest it because at one time I was interested in taking pix with my telescope, and looked into it.)
Alternatively, there might be a website online or an app for cell phone/tablets that could identify what it is you're seeing.
If you get it figured out, please let us know!