Let the hypocrisy begin

transporter

Any moment the far right wingers are going to come on and start posting about the glorious victory that occurred in the Senate this morning.

They will get all lathered up because "Trump won". (Yes, he did...assuming this farce makes it thru reconciliation...he and his kids will save hugely on their tax bills!)

And they will conveniently forget the following:

1. Trump promised the middle class a massive tax cut. A lie. What passed this morning was a giveback to the donor-class. Average Americans will see little to no impact...will have any positive impacts taken away AND will likely see cuts to Medicare and Medicaid once the negative impact to the annual deficit and gross debt come into focus. (Those without the right wing blinders on already understand this.)

2. Trump said he would lose "massively" from this tax cuts. A lie.

3. Everyone of the uninformed and ignorant who voted for this man in the primaries did so to shake things up...to "drain the swamp". The bill wasn't brought to the floor to a vote till after 1:30am. I watched as the final roll was called and victory was declared at 1:59am. No one saw the final version. None of the people who voted for it know what is in it because it was being amended by hand at the last minute (remember all your complaints about the ACA?). Give aways to individual Senators. No input from the other side of the aisle. A middle of the night vote on a bill that no one has read. Is this what you people consider draining the swamp. EVERYTHING Trump voters claimed to have voted FOR was violated in this process. But the blind cultists will bleat out their appreciation and proclaim their continued devotion to a man who has done nothing but lie to them and prove daily how unqualified he is to be OUR President.

4. They will trumpet the massive economic growth that will occur due to tax cuts. They will claim the tax cuts will "pay for themselves". They will be wrong (Gilligan), as usual. Neither of these came to pass under Reagan (when this had the most potential to occur--look at the rise in the debt under Reagan) and they won't occur now (when the potential is almost zero). We have low unemployment, low inflation and an economy growing (as it has been) at a sustainable pace. That is not an environment that justifies tax cuts. The basic math of tax cuts and growth continually escapes the cultists. Tax revenue is currently running a little below 20% of GDP (govt spends about 23% of GDP--and growing due to Baby Boomers). So here is the basic relationship that folks like Gilligan cannot grasp. In order to make up a dollar of tax cuts via economic growth, every dollar of tax cuts will have to result in 5 dollars of additional economic growth. That has never happened anywhere in history. It only happens on TV and the internet when spinsters, hucksters, propagandists and politicians try to sell an uneducated public on the merits of giving a massive tax break to the richest members of our society. Joe the Plumber will not have see any significant long term benefit from this...in reality the long term benefit is very likely to be negative. Bu hey, who cares!! Ivanka, Don Jr and the rest of the lucky sperm club get to keep their billions!! HURRAH!!! HURRAH!! HURRAH!!!

This bill is not in the long term interest of the country. But that is not what you all voted for is it? You voted for a lying narcissist whose sole goal was to enrich himself and feed his wildly overinflated ego. Well, as you say, you got what you voted for and Trump potentially gets his first major legislative win at the expense of the very people who put him in office. MAGA!!! MAGA!!! MAGA!!!

Starman

The best thing that could happen would be for the bill to pass the reconciliation committee and get signed by Trump. At that point, the GOP no longer needs him and the real fun can begin.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand why you Lefties want so badly for Trump to fail. This tax bill does indeed reduce the bite for middle income Americans. Reducing the number of illegal immigrants pouring into this country is good for working Americans. Reducing the gangs and drugs is good for everyone (except the druggies and gang members). The only people any of this is bad for are Manhattan elites who throw awards shows for each other and report news as if they're all that matters.

You call everyone who disagrees with you "cultists" and yet you are the ones who are Democrats first, and Americans second.

black dog

Free America
I got this Tweet about a hour ago..

Biggest Tax Bill and Tax Cuts in history just passed in the Senate. Now these great Republicans will be going for final passage. Thank you to House and Senate Republicans for your hard work and commitment!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't understand why you Lefties want so badly for Trump to fail.

You call everyone who disagrees with you "cultists" and yet you are the ones who are Democrats first, and Americans second.
They are the kid who throws the game, or flip the board over, because they didn't get their way. Nothing more.

Time is approaching to get rid of the Democratic Party and all its adherents.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are completely blinded by ideology. This bill does nothing of the sort.

I'm not sure where you are getting this opinion, unless it's just a "Trump, so it must be bad" mentality. And again, you can call me names all you want but that's just silly projection because you want so badly for your political party to win, even if it means Americans lose.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Any moment the far right wingers are going to come on and start posting about the glorious victory that occurred in the Senate this morning.

They will get all lathered up because "Trump won". (Yes, he did...assuming this farce makes it thru reconciliation...he and his kids will save hugely on their tax bills!)

And they will conveniently forget the following:

1. Trump promised the middle class a massive tax cut. A lie. What passed this morning was a giveback to the donor-class. Average Americans will see little to no impact...will have any positive impacts taken away AND will likely see cuts to Medicare and Medicaid once the negative impact to the annual deficit and gross debt come into focus. (Those without the right wing blinders on already understand this.)

2. Trump said he would lose "massively" from this tax cuts. A lie.

3. Everyone of the uninformed and ignorant who voted for this man in the primaries did so to shake things up...to "drain the swamp". The bill wasn't brought to the floor to a vote till after 1:30am. I watched as the final roll was called and victory was declared at 1:59am. No one saw the final version. None of the people who voted for it know what is in it because it was being amended by hand at the last minute (remember all your complaints about the ACA?). Give aways to individual Senators. No input from the other side of the aisle. A middle of the night vote on a bill that no one has read. Is this what you people consider draining the swamp. EVERYTHING Trump voters claimed to have voted FOR was violated in this process. But the blind cultists will bleat out their appreciation and proclaim their continued devotion to a man who has done nothing but lie to them and prove daily how unqualified he is to be OUR President.

4. They will trumpet the massive economic growth that will occur due to tax cuts. They will claim the tax cuts will "pay for themselves". They will be wrong (Gilligan), as usual. Neither of these came to pass under Reagan (when this had the most potential to occur--look at the rise in the debt under Reagan) and they won't occur now (when the potential is almost zero). We have low unemployment, low inflation and an economy growing (as it has been) at a sustainable pace. That is not an environment that justifies tax cuts. The basic math of tax cuts and growth continually escapes the cultists. Tax revenue is currently running a little below 20% of GDP (govt spends about 23% of GDP--and growing due to Baby Boomers). So here is the basic relationship that folks like Gilligan cannot grasp. In order to make up a dollar of tax cuts via economic growth, every dollar of tax cuts will have to result in 5 dollars of additional economic growth. That has never happened anywhere in history. It only happens on TV and the internet when spinsters, hucksters, propagandists and politicians try to sell an uneducated public on the merits of giving a massive tax break to the richest members of our society. Joe the Plumber will not have see any significant long term benefit from this...in reality the long term benefit is very likely to be negative. Bu hey, who cares!! Ivanka, Don Jr and the rest of the lucky sperm club get to keep their billions!! HURRAH!!! HURRAH!! HURRAH!!!

This bill is not in the long term interest of the country. But that is not what you all voted for is it? You voted for a lying narcissist whose sole goal was to enrich himself and feed his wildly overinflated ego. Well, as you say, you got what you voted for and Trump potentially gets his first major legislative win at the expense of the very people who put him in office. MAGA!!! MAGA!!! MAGA!!!

Your side has been so piss poor at lowering taxes, so I'm going to assume you are talking just to make your lips flap.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And take the Republican Party with them.
Agreed. I just don't think they're as much of an immediate threat to the nation.

the GOP tend to be incompetent when it comes to completely screwing the country.

Democrats have it down to a science.

Starman

I'm not sure where you are getting this opinion, unless it's just a "Trump, so it must be bad" mentality. And again, you can call me names all you want but that's just silly projection because you want so badly for your political party to win, even if it means Americans lose.

The tool posted here the other day (maybe by you?) didn’t reveal to me any typical middle class scenarios that worked out favoring the taxpayer in the. Not exhaustive of course and everyone’s particular situation will be different.

This isn’t really Trump we are talking about. This is the senate bill. What will really matter, though, is the reconciled bill that comes out of joint committee. Hopefully we will have a chance to see that for a bit.

Just because it may save a few middle class taxpayers money doesn’t extrapolate to in fact being a broad middle class tax cut.

I see Corker is the only (R) that didn’t go with the party line. The little worms Flake and Johnsoncame around to the party line like he knows a lapdog should after getting their constituent concessions.

Sex scandal story involving Corker in 3 ... 2 ... 1

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The tool posted here the other day (maybe by you?) didn’t reveal to me any typical middle class scenarios that worked out favoring the taxpayer in the. Not exhaustive of course and everyone’s particular situation will be different.

One of the lefty beefs about this bill is that people who already don't pay taxes because of their low income aren't getting a tax break. Perhaps that is your situation. What I do know is that I fit firmly in the middle income category, and this tax bill will be saving me about $3k per year.

Starman

One of the lefty beefs about this bill is that people who already don't pay taxes because of their low income aren't getting a tax break. Perhaps that is your situation. What I do know is that I fit firmly in the middle income category, and this tax bill will be saving me about $3k per year.

Exactly my point.

The tax bill will save me money, about 2,500.

This doesn’t equate to “broad tax cuts for the middle class”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Exactly my point.

The tax bill will save me money, about 2,500.

This doesn’t equate to “broad tax cuts for the middle class”

Okay, so if you are middle class and receiving a cut, and I am middle class and receiving a cut, and several people on here have said they are middle class and receiving a cut, how are you getting that this isn't a tax cut for the middle class? Is it perhaps your understanding of what constitutes "middle class"? Or what is meant by "broad"?

Grumpy

And take the Republican Party with them.

And what's gonna replace either party?? More of the same, just under a different affiliation. I don't know the answer, all I know is there are an awful lot of dumb folks in congress cause good people won't run because they don't want their life turned upside down by the blood thirsty narcissists of an opposing party that considers party first and not the American people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And what's gonna replace either party?? More of the same, just under a different affiliation.

There are an awful lot of people in these United States who simply vote for the D or the R, without knowing even who is representing them. These people identify primarily as a party member - "I am a Democrat" or "I am a Republican." Not "I am a liberal or a conservative" but "I am a member of this group." I see it in particular with the Ds, but the Rs aren't too far behind. Worse yet are those who proclaim, "I am for LOVE!" and to them that means the Democrat Party. :twitch:

They are very similar to religious group members who can't even tell you the basic tenets of their supposed beliefs. They are a fan club, based in fantasy and not reality.

If these parties are exposed and demolished, the sheeple will have to at least think long enough to find another group to latch onto.

I don't know the answer, all I know is there are an awful lot of dumb folks in congress cause good people won't run because they don't want their life turned upside down by the blood thirsty narcissists of an opposing party that considers party first and not the American people.

Preach :yay:

Hijinx

If we start equating political parties with religion, there are some similarities.

In both the laymen aka voters are being failed by bad leadership.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If we start equating political parties with religion, there are some similarities.

In both the laymen aka voters are being failed by bad leadership.

Because when you have great power over people who are begging to follow you, it's pretty easy to take advantage of that for your own personal gain.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Your side has been so piss poor at lowering taxes, so I'm going to assume you are talking just to make your lips flap.

Flapping in the wind. The people have spoken. Many need to get over that America, for now, will not become a fascist state. Why not try to work together? Just a thought.