I Don't Think The Good Congressman Understands The Reason For The Senate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On the Thursday edition of MSNBC’s All In, guest and longtime American Enterprise Institute scholar Norm Ornstein showed his elitist disdain for the Founding Fathers and our constitutional government, bemoaning how less than half the U.S. population has a “super majority or close to it” in the U.S. Senate.

[clip]

All told, the AEI personality used the tax plan to bemoan how small states have the same level of representation in the Senate as larger ones, showing a “complete detachment from representatives from their own voters”:

We’ve been moving in that direction for a while, but the fact, you go past the Electoral College, gerrymandering, a Senate where 40 percent of the population controls the super majority or close to it of the Senate. The fact that you have such opposition to this from every expert group, from large numbers of people, and they don’t care anymore, all they care about is the large donors and an ideology that ignores facts. It’s just appalling.

Of course, this is the whole point of the U.S. Senate, as laid out in Article I of the Constitution while the House of Representatives is set-up just as Ornstein wishes with more populous states having more seats (and thus a larger voice).

What? MSNBC Guest Ornstein Laments Small States Having a ‘Super Majority’ in the U.S. Senate

this is not the 1st lefty to make an assertion like this ....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He certainly does understand. He just doesn't like it because he doesn't get to win all the time, and he thinks that is "unfair". He also knows that his audience doesn't understand how the two chambers of Congress are supposed to work, therefore he can say things like this and they'll buy it.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
He certainly does understand. He just doesn't like it because he doesn't get to win all the time, and he thinks that is "unfair". He also knows that his audience doesn't understand how the two chambers of Congress are supposed to work, therefore he can say things like this and they'll buy it.

I thought Conservatives were supposed to be the clueless ones.........

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I Don't Think The Good Congressman Understands The Reason For The Senate

Help me out here. Are you saying Ornstein is/was a Congressman or Chris Hayes is/was a Congressman. Maybe the drive to originally post a record number of threads in a day is forcing attestation errors?