The Mainstream Media Doesn’t Deserve Our Respect or Our Trust

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You have Matt Lauer, probably America’s most highly-paid journalist, who “everyone” knew was a skeevy weirdo who’d probably creep out Woody Allen. Well, everyone did know, except us, the media’s audience. Our media overlords didn’t think we needed to know that little bit of information. Some obscure Texas congressmen sends texts of his ancient junk to a girlfriend and, after he dumps her, she gets mad and puts them up on the web? Oh, that’s news – America must know that vital info. But when the flagship anchor of the flagship show on the flagship broadcast network uses his powers to basically build a sex dungeon in 30 Rock – nope, not news. Shhhhh. Matt’s just bein’ Matt. Move along. Nothing to see here. For gosh sakes, look at how much he hates the NRA!

Remember, to our intrepid media, news is only news if it helps the liberal narrative. If it doesn’t, it’s not news. It’s not anything. It’s un-news. Like the stock market boom. Like wiping out the ISIS caliphate. Like Mueller’s manifest conflicts of interest. Un-news. Remember, half the job of the mainstream media is generating metaphorical tumbleweeds.

And then there’s Brian Ross, the ABC News goof whose 100% false claim about candidate Donald Trump cavorting with Russia gave millions of mouth-foaming anti-Trump weirdos like Bette Midler doppelgänger Joy Behar a collective Muellergasm at the thought that the Flynn plea might not turn into yet another disappointment. And of course it did. Talk about un-news – they were giddy and, as a real journalist demonstrates, the plea means nothing. They were looking for Mueller to convict Donald J. Manson of mass murder and all Mueller’s managed to do was write one of his girls a ticket for double parking outside Sharon Tate’s house.

Hijinx

Damn, that's the truest statement I have read here in a while.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The press is supposed to be an information source, not a pack of celebrity gods. They have never deserved our respect, and when they lack honesty the don't deserve our trust. Once they began editorializing and tweaking the news to suit their personal political and social agenda, they stopped being news reporters and started being Kardashians.

transporter

The press is supposed to be an information source, not a pack of celebrity gods. They have never deserved our respect, and when they lack honesty the don't deserve our trust. Once they began editorializing and tweaking the news to suit their personal political and social agenda, they stopped being news reporters and started being Kardashians.

So, you then must agree that just about every article GURPS posts isn't worthy of anyone's respect or trust! Almost EVERY post from GURPS is a tweaked editorial met to suit a personal political agenda.

Townhall, the source for this OP, is most certainly a site that pushes a political agenda. EVERY story on the site has a politically charged/motivated title. There is no news on sites like this (and Briebart, RedState, dailycaller/dailywire, etc...etc..etc.)

It is all political propaganda.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, you then must agree that just about every article GURPS posts isn't worthy of anyone's respect or trust! Almost EVERY post from GURPS is a tweaked editorial met to suit a personal political agenda.

You do understand that Gurps is posting his own opinions and is not a member of the news media, right? Or no? Because I can explain to you the difference between personal opinion and legitimate news reporting if you need me to.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You do understand that Gurps is posting his own opinions and is not a member of the news media, right? Or no? Because I can explain to you the difference between personal opinion and legitimate news reporting if you need me to.

you can explain it to him... but you can't understand it for him.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You do understand that Gurps is posting his own opinions and is not a member of the news media, right?

ah people love to blame me for News Headlines and content provided there in

I have never claimed one way or another any Thread Posted / Article Displayed was 'NEWS'
that is for the reader to ascertain after viewing the posted article [which apparently some seldom do]

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

You can send him to school all you want, he's still going to lick the windows.