Like Eating Meat? You're Perpetuating 'Hegemonic Masculinity'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do you love a good steak? Fancy a juicy hamburger or prefer to pile on the bacon?

Congratulations! According to a sociology professor at Pennsylvania State University, you're responsible for perpetuating the "hegemonic masculinity" that sustains the Patriarchy and keeps feminists so angry.

Professor Anne DeLessio-Parson published her article, shaming meat-eaters for their anti-feminism, in this month's "Journal of Feminist Geography" (a publication we're sure Daily Wire readers are just itching to put on their holiday wish lists). In it, she claims that "hegemonic masculinity implies an imperative to eat meat” and that people who follow that imperative reinforce other power hierarchies as well, including the Patriarchy.

DeLessio-Parson interviewed a grand total of 27 vegetarians to get their thoughts on how male oppression and vegetarianism are related, and from those interviews, theorized that women become vegetarians to push back against the “meat-centric” culture and "destabilize" the gender binary.

Like Eating Meat? You're Perpetuating 'Hegemonic Masculinity'

.... not surprising, how many Lesbians are Vegans as well

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-so-many-lesbians-also-vegans

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Go figure. I just pulled a bunch of steaks out to thaw. Gotta beat this year's meat to get ready for the next steer to show up in a month.

Hijinx

According to a sociology professor at Pennsylvania State University, you're responsible for perpetuating the "hegemonic masculinity" that sustains the Patriarchy and keeps feminists so angry.

I never knew that my eating a steak was making women angry.
I never gave one thought that ordering a steak in a restaurant legitimized my dominant position over women.
I just ordered it because I like the taste of a fine steak done medium rare.

It takes real intellectual ability to be able to teach this kind of BS in a college.
Is it any wonder college is so expensive.
It's because we pay professors big bucks to figure out things like this.

Men order steak to be dominant over women.

OK MF'er now tell me why my wife orders one too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm getting ready to perpetuate some hegemonic masculinity myself by making carnitas.

Hijinx

Okay, I had to look - here is the original paper:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0966369X.2017.1395822

Abstract
In patriarchal societies where hegemonic masculinity implies an imperative to eat meat, vegetarianism disrupts food culture, raising questions about how vegetarians do, re-do, and rework gender.

:roflmao:

DYING! :lmao:

I know I am no genius, but how in the name of all that is good, do people who come up with BS like this get jobs as teachers in a college.
This argument is a complete and total waste of thought.
What could have put this bug up that professor's ass to preach that eating a steak means a man feels he is dominant over women.

The only thing it means is that he can afford it and it tastes good.
Now if he was eating a peach or a hairy pie, that could mean dominance. LMAO

GregV814

CNN has reported that PETA has fled a class action suit alleging all meat manufacturers have chronologically and systematically been responsible for the actions of Harvey Weinstein, Wilt Chamberline, Kevin Spacey and John Conyers as well as Charle Sheen, Ron Jeremey and Bill Clinton....The 9th Circuit Court (San Fransisco) will fine Smithfireld Hams, Dinty Moore Beef Stew in excess of 23 katrillion Dollard\s as punitive action...

GregV814

NYT and Washington Post have written editorials denouncing HUNTERS that carry weapons!!!!!

okay I am done now...

Hijinx

CNN has reported that PETA has fled a class action suit alleging all meat manufacturers have chronologically and systematically been responsible for the actions of Harvey Weinstein, Wilt Chamberline, Kevin Spacey and John Conyers as well as Charle Sheen, Ron Jeremey and Bill Clinton....The 9th Circuit Court (San Fransisco) will fine Smithfireld Hams, Dinty Moore Beef Stew in excess of 23 katrillion Dollard\s as punitive action...

I bet Ellen Degenerate and Rosie O'Donnell enjoy a good prime rib.

What a crock of poo.

I have many female friends that enjoy a good rare burger, steak or veal cutlet.

glhs837

Power with Control
I never knew that my eating a steak was making women angry.
I never gave one thought that ordering a steak in a restaurant legitimized my dominant position over women.
I just ordered it because I like the taste of a fine steak done medium rare.

It takes real intellectual ability to be able to teach this kind of BS in a college.
Is it any wonder college is so expensive.
It's because we pay professors big bucks to figure out things like this.

Men order steak to be dominant over women.

OK MF'er now tell me why my wife orders one too.

They'll tell you either self-loathing or she's one of the 51 other genders.

(austinpowers) "That's a man, Baby" :)

PeoplesElbow

How they hell they going to sue cows and pigs?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What could have put this bug up that professor's ass to preach that eating a steak means a man feels he is dominant over women.

This is the sort of pretentious navel gazing that this woman should have gotten out of her system as an undergrad, if not high school.