Santa

terbear1225

inspired by a previous post: what is a "normal" age to stop believing in Santa?

My dd just turned 12 and is clinging on to the belief something fierce. I thought she was just playing along for her little brother but some recent actions have changed my mind. She was VERY upset when an older girl made a statement about "we all know Santa isn't real"

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
inspired by a previous post: what is a "normal" age to stop believing in Santa?

My dd just turned 12 and is clinging on to the belief something fierce. I thought she was just playing along for her little brother but some recent actions have changed my mind. She was VERY upset when an older girl made a statement about "we all know Santa isn't real"

My kids stopped believing early in elementary school but I did have a friend whose son believed into Middle School. No harm in believing. We all wish he was real so parents wouldn't have to spend so much. :lol:

SamSpade

My oldest is in middle school and he still believes. Granted, he has learning disabilities and once he knows, he's going to spoil it for his siblings.

However - his 9 and 8 year old sisters pretty much already don't believe. I've thought my middle girl didn't believe for a couple years now and just says so because she fears she will lose presents.
SAME thing I thought - once I admit I don't believe, the presents will stop. When my mom told me, it's ok, you will still get presents, I told them no. I was eight.

My youngest is in between. Part of her believes in elves and Santa and all kinds of stuff, and it's ok by me - but I will feel a bit of relief when they all pass the age and admit it.
It was fun when they were little and got excited over seeing Santa, but as they get older, it seems strange. Toddlers looking for flying reindeer is cute - 12 year olds, not so much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toddlers looking for flying reindeer is cute - 12 year olds, not so much.

:lol:

My son was around 8 and my daughter a little younger. I was probably 6 or 7 when I began to wonder why Santa was bringing the neighbor kid everything under the sun and I just got modest presents.

terbear1225

:lol:

My son was around 8 and my daughter a little younger. I was probably 6 or 7 when I began to wonder why Santa was bringing the neighbor kid everything under the sun and I just got modest presents.

this is the time frame I expected. Every year for the last 3-4 years I've expected to have to have the talk but she is clinging on to believe something fierce.